Author Topic: Ability to take and send picture?  (Read 6360 times)

killabee44

Ability to take and send picture?
« on: December 26, 2011, 07:28:43 PM »
Hi,

Maybe I'm not finding it, but I was looking for the ability to take a picture of the person that has the phone with the front facing camera and send it to a phone, email, or cloud service that we predetermine. Also the ability of sending the last 5 or 10 pics taken to that location.

Thanks.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Ability to take and send picture?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »
Hello,

the "take a picture of the current user"-function is already in developement and will be become available with the internet remote control interface.

A backup solution - with uploading taken pictures - is currently in discussion. For the moment google+ users can set up their android phone to auto-upload pictures to picasa.

Werner

killabee44

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »
Thanks, Ill be waiting for that!

pokeyasd

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »
So I've been using my Toshiba Thrive for almost two weeks now and after an extended period of time sitting with it, I noticed that the blue LED front facing camera light has started flashing from time to time. I can't quite tell you the interval between the blinks quite yet but it will flash once, then stay off for quite a while. I didn't notice it during the first week, but I definitely notice it now. I'm not sure if it was part of the Avast Theft Aware, but no notifications come in when it happens, it just flashes and goes back off. The only thing I could attribute it to was after I installed Avast on the tablet earlier this week. Could that be taking pictures with the front facing camera already or has anyone else seen this happen on their tablet? I have since removed Avast, but the light still blinks, so either I didn't take it completely off or something else is causing this to happen.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated! Thanks

reinhardholzner

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »
this is not related to avast. it is NOT taking any pictures!

pokeyasd

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply!