Author Topic: Error 101, no online movies... problem with AVAST  (Read 2114 times)

maatzey

Error 101, no online movies... problem with AVAST
« on: December 16, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »
Hello I am new to this community. I have been using free version of Avast (polish version) for a very long time on all my and my family computers. Recently after some automatic update my computer started to behave in a very strange way. First I started to receive Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET)errors in each web browser I tried. It used to appear suddenly after some time of web browsing and disappear immediately after reopening of the browser. While checking ping or other web programs the problem was not present there - just www. Second kind of problem is lack of possibility to watch any web based movie (youtube, vimeo, wikileaks... any) just after few second of playback the movie stops and I can not reload it or do anything.
I have tried cleansing of web history, cookies, update of all my drivers, flash and Java plugins.
I have checked the system for viruses, malware installed COMODO firewall (as I was not using any before) I have also read topics on this forum concerning 101 error and tried all solutions nothing seems to work.
The strangest thing is that the problem is not predictable - sometimes I can browse net for hour, sometimes not at all. Sometimes the movies can be played sometimes not at all. Sometimes closing of browser helps, sometimes not. Sometimes I can just wait and reload page... sometimes not
Other computers connected by cable or WIFI to the same router work just fine.
Only thing that works always is deactivation of Avast and unloading of Comodo.Anybody can help? :)

My configuration is:
Win XP PRO SP3. Pentium Dual Core 2500
Avast v: 6.03.1367 (right now)
virus def: 111216-1
COMODO FW: 5.8.213334.2131

ady4um

Re: Error 101, no online movies... problem with AVAST
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 03:17:54 AM »
Try deactivating any power saver or power related settings in the network drivers.

Reboot after that. If the problem returns, try re-installing the latest network drivers anew, reboot and once again deactivate any power saver settings of the network drivers.

maatzey

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »
I have updated the drivers recently and now checked - no power saving settings activated at the driver level. (seen three possibilities but all were deactivated)

maatzey

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 07:08:02 PM »
Removed Avast completely and now everything works... pity I have been using your software for years already :(