Author Topic: hangs when tries to scan System Volume Information folder  (Read 2276 times)

gopop

hangs when tries to scan System Volume Information folder
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
I'm running XP with SP3. My free Avast kept stalling at about the 5% point. Finally got the XP error check on C: to run with both boxes checked - no help with problem. Avast still hangs. Finally I scanned 'Folders' on C: and found out that it's the System Volume Information folder that hangs it. Is this a known bug? Any workaround?
I did try updating Avast program. And I went to ControlPanel, Add/Remove Programs and found there was a 'Repair' option for Avast - no help.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: hangs when tries to scan System Volume Information folder
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 08:38:21 PM »
I'm running XP with SP3. My free Avast kept stalling at about the 5% point.
for how long.....or is it just using long time and you did not wait long enough ?

gopop

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »
I'm running XP with SP3. My free Avast kept stalling at about the 5% point.
for how long.....or is it just using long time and you did not wait long enough ?
s
I waited 30 minutes once. Avast was hung. Only way to turn it off was TaskManager EndTask.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:04:42 PM »
System Volume Information folder that hangs it. Is this a known bug? Any workaround?
if you dont need the restor point....you could delete and create new....do not know if that will change anything