Author Topic: Block Commercial SMS  (Read 6987 times)

residente

Block Commercial SMS
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:03:53 AM »
I think that will be great if you add the way to block SMS not only from numbers, for example I often receive boring commercial SMS from companies and SMS sender are not a number but the Company name...I tried to block, but it seems impossibile now... ???

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
Re: Block Commercial SMS
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:00:15 AM »
Really? I have never seen such a message. Could you post a screenshot?

Filip

residente

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 12:14:38 PM »
For example sender is not a number but "Company Name" other SMS blocker allow to block this kind of messages, they give the opportunity to block specified text in the sender's name or they let you the opportunity to choice a message in your SMS folder, in the future that sender will be blocked. With this option you solve this matter.
I think it's very usefull!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 12:45:16 PM »
Can you give me an example of such an SMS blocker so I can try it and see in action? :)

Filip

puff-m-d

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 12:52:27 PM »
Hello,

I do not know how SMS is identified in other countries but in USA where 555-555-5555 identifies a phone number for example, a five digit number identifies the sender of a commercial SMS (for example 55555 would be used to block a particular SMS sender). Each sender of a commercial SMS has its own 5 digit number as each person has their own phone number that identifies them.

HTH  :P ...

Best regards,

residente

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »
Can you give me an example of such an SMS blocker so I can try it and see in action? :)

Filip

Sure for example try Blacklist https://market.android.com/details?id=org.baole.app.blacklist&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5iYW9sZS5hcHAuYmxhY2tsaXN0Il0.

If you go in sms tab you will see that you can choose an SMS directly in your SMS folder and sender will be blocked even if the sender is the "company name". This will solve this matter, here in Italy we receive many many commercial sms and this function will be fantastic! Using Blacklist you can also create a Custom rule (CUSTOM TAB) where you can input text to filter. If you will add this option Avast will be absolutely a must have!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 04:58:48 PM »
I will have a look at it, thanks.

Filip

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
I have seen such a commercial message on my device during Christmas. I will see about the possibility of blocking them :)

Filip

Paul Rodgers

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 03:31:52 PM »
This would be a very nice feature to have.