Author Topic: Trojan Backdoor Virus  (Read 38225 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Trojan Backdoor Virus
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2012, 01:53:39 PM »
The avast anti-rootkit scan and the aswMBR tool are based on the GMER anti-rootkit tool and aswMBR.exe is made by the same person who works for avast!

So I rather doubt that essexboy will require GMER to be run, as a general observation he hasn't in the past other than an exceptional case not routine measure.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

true indian

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »
Sorry David actually we and essex had a chat over PM for this TDL4 infection and essex mentioned that GMER has realeased a newer version for it so since i saw that essex has ran it before i was sure it would be good idea to give a idea of the hidden infection...sorry again! :-[

DonZ63

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2012, 01:21:57 AM »
You can give this a try: http://www.malwarecity.com/community/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=48

It's a new botkit scanner from BitDefender. It ran less than a minute on my PC.

stained

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2012, 04:51:25 AM »
Thank you Don,

I will give it a try! :)

true indian

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2012, 04:52:52 AM »
that tool has alerdy been tried see the previous pages  :P...

can u attach the latest aswmbr and gmer logs...see previous page we have their latest version which is fully effective in removing them..

can u download and run the latest version...

attach the logs.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:55:16 AM by true indian »

DonZ63

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »
  I have pulled both infected hard drives and replaced them.  Both PCs running completely normally now.  Google Bot Nets, TDL4, or stealth MBR root kits for more information, and pray you do not become infected by one.  Thank you india and essexboy for your assistance! 

It appears to me "we are beating a dead horse" here trying to clean up your old drives.

You can still use those old drives as additional storage once they have been wiped with at least a DoD level disk wipe utility. You don't want to do that with those infected drives installed along side your new drives. I do this by creating a bootable CD with USB access and a disk wipe utility. I then connect the infected drive externally using a IDE/SATA to USB adapter and run the wipe utility from the CD.