Author Topic: Avast 6 Network Shield blocking traffic during VPN session  (Read 16240 times)

kubecj

Re: Avast 6 Network Shield blocking traffic during VPN session
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »
Muffin, there may be non-zero probability that we blocked wrong ip - something acting like proxy for you.
Do you know the ips of the vpn, proxies, dns servers in use?

St.Muffin90

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »
Lukor, Kubecj:

Thank you both for your responses. I'm away from my machine at the moment, but will send the log file when I return several hours from now.  At my workplace an internet proxy and firewall is in place.  I'll see if I can get the relevant IP addresses.

St.Muffin90

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 03:50:53 AM »
Lukor I can't add the nshield log fil to this message because it's over the size limit. Is there somewhere I can email it to you? 

St.Muffin90

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 10:18:18 PM »
I emailed the log file a short while ago.  I also included the internal IP address for our internet proxy in that email.  Unfortunately I don't know what the external facing IP address for our proxy is at the moment, but please let me know if I need to supply anything additional.

Thanks all for your help.

St.Muffin90

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 11:29:24 PM »
Hi Team:

Any updates on this one? I still am seeing the problem.

kubecj

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »
Sorry, nothing in the log, the ip you mentioned also did not help.

We need more info - your dns, your hosts file etc. Is this only doing in one browser, or multiple? One computer or multiple?

St.Muffin90

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »
I just sent another email response to Lukas. It contains additional details about the network for my employer.  Is there a way we can set up a test where you can watch my denial event from your side?

St.Muffin90

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »
Well,

My subscription expires in 27 days.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to search for a product that I don't have to switch off in order to log into my job.

I thank the Avast team for all the years of system protection they've provided me. 

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 04:04:48 PM »
Hi,
have, please, tried to re-install the software? If its persistent after reinstall I am afraid only Kubecj, the owner of the blocking database can decide what is causing this false positive. If you are able to setup any kind of remote connection (remote desktop, VNC ) to your PC, I'd like to see it in person - provided avast was reinstalled already. Drop a note here, if you still care about the result. And sorry.

Lukas.