Author Topic: Avast is slow scanning, system resources hog and horrible user interface?  (Read 81834 times)

Germanium202

Re:Avast is slow scanning, system resources hog and horrible user interface?
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2004, 10:29:51 PM »
Ok, since everyone is up in arms about how great this forum is and how ALWIL is so great to let you have this forum, let me fill you in on a little something.

Keeping separate versions for corporate (pay) and home versions is a great way to get people to give you the beta testing for nothing, when it is done you WILL pay money for it though, no matter how much you provided and helped.

Keeping this forum is a way of keeping all information in one way, it is not a privelege to you users as you seem to think, it is more like a "they figure it out, we'll use the info" kinda deal.

Anyway, just thought you might want to know that. :D

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2004, 11:34:47 PM »
For some reason i think RejZer's review (although lacking in every sentence, both of coherance and of unbias) would be favored over the objective and honest review Schadenfroh delivered.
There you go putting your foot in your mouth again.

The best way to make this blabbermouth stop is to totally ignore him. Then he and his friend will find someplace else to annoy people.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Germanium202

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2004, 11:55:07 PM »
For some reason i think RejZer's review (although lacking in every sentence, both of coherance and of unbias) would be favored over the objective and honest review Schadenfroh delivered.
There you go putting your foot in your mouth again.

The best way to make this blabbermouth stop is to totally ignore him. Then he and his friend will find someplace else to annoy people.

Perhaps if there was just ONE intelligent soul in this forum they could explain what this is all about, why it is so great to trash others reviews that are actusally honest and self experienced, with factual results presented, and why a promo such as the one numbnuts posted that has no real information and does not even make sense is a great one?

Of course, i know the answer, a differing opinion, can't have that can we?

If i were a developer of Avast i would be ashamed of having you people trying this crap, isn't Avast strong enough to stand the test? That is basically what you are saying.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2004, 12:24:40 AM »
And you came here just to bash and nothing else ? What is it really that you want ? Can we nicely ask you to leave ? Or you maybe prefer to be banned from here ? Just ask for it, I'm sure someone from Mods will make your wish come true...

You are one of those who came in here just to make confusion, nothing else... did you asked yourself at least once in your life how much time does it take to make skin like that ? Did you ever do anything worth in your life, except "blabing" ? I don't think so, and I really feel sorry 'cause you are alone in these forums... most likely everywhere... it's very hard not to be surrounded with friends  ::) Lonely soul... I feel sorry for you, I really do...

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2004, 12:33:06 AM »
2 ALL:

Please calm down this flame war - take your time to read the Forum Policy above again.

In the discussions use arguments and not personal attacks. I ask you to stop attacking others - otherwise I will be forced to lock this thread.

Pavel

Germanium202

« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2004, 12:37:39 AM »
And you came here just to bash and nothing else ? What is it really that you want ? Can we nicely ask you to leave ? Or you maybe prefer to be banned from here ? Just ask for it, I'm sure someone from Mods will make your wish come true...

You are one of those who came in here just to make confusion, nothing else... did you asked yourself at least once in your life how much time does it take to make skin like that ? Did you ever do anything worth in your life, except "blabing" ? I don't think so, and I really feel sorry 'cause you are alone in these forums... most likely everywhere... it's very hard not to be surrounded with friends  ::) Lonely soul... I feel sorry for you, I really do...

I wonder, is it possible for any of you to actually read threads before you respond, i came here for the review, not to bash anything or anybody but to explain to certain individuals why it was made the way it was, how reviews work and why Schadenfrohs review is a-ok.

Now, most people don't get that, they just read the cons he presented and start trashing him, that is what i was against, if you had the comprehension skills to get that you would, and if you had the attentionspan slighly above a little mouse you would have gotten it in any of the 50 posts in this thread where i already said the same thing.

Did i ever do anything? Yeah, actually, i have done a lot of things.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2004, 12:41:31 AM »
Me too... oh yeah... me too...

Germanium202

« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2004, 12:48:46 AM »
Me too... oh yeah... me too...

What? You want me to state the things i have been involved in?

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2004, 12:55:37 AM »
Where did you read that ? I said: me too, me too... You don't want me to post my list in here... I don't want this stupid thread to have 100 pages...  ;)

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2004, 01:00:21 AM »
When speaking of yourself, the" i" is a Capital Letter as in I, also attention span is two words!

RickW

« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2004, 11:28:46 PM »
When speaking of yourself, the" i" is a Capital Letter as in I, also attention span is two words!

I believe you used a comma when you should have used a semicolon.   ;D

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2004, 11:31:47 PM »
ha ha, it was 1.30am!  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2004, 12:56:34 AM »
Girls what did you do with this thread?
All posts were gone?  ::)
We were on page 11, weren't we?  ???
The best things in life are free.

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2004, 12:58:55 AM »
We didn't do anything, it has been moved to off topic. thought it was you  ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2004, 01:05:01 AM »
Someone is stealing our posts I guess...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 01:05:25 AM by S.Z.Craftec »