Author Topic: Avast is slow scanning, system resources hog and horrible user interface?  (Read 81777 times)

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
Re:Avast is slow scanning, system resources hog and horrible user interface?
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2004, 01:07:39 AM »
It wasn't your postman was it Sasha?  ;D

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2004, 02:22:45 AM »
I believe our FRIEND is gone and he took most of his traces with him. I just wish there was a way to now change the Misleadingand and Incorrect title of this thread.
But, that i believe takes someone higher up the ladder than any of us members.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Starfighter

« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2004, 06:01:30 AM »
I hope you're right Bob -- that he's gone   :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 06:02:27 AM by Starfighter »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2004, 06:26:58 AM »
Oh, believe me guys, he's not gone... he is too smart just to leave like that. He feeds himself when he sees somebody looses his/her nerves because of his postings. I'm sure he is watching our replies, but I'm not curious... I'm glad that we managed to keep peace in these forums. But, it's always like that, isn't it ? I remember few months ago, we had similar problems with few other guys... but they just came to bash and tryed to flame with eveyone. We were united and sticked together as always, so when they saw they can not "pass" this barrier, they just gave up and disappeared. It's very hard to live alone, without friends and contacts.

No, we don't think that we are always right, but that's why 10 heads are more clever than just one, and that one always can learn a lot from other 9 heads, right ? But, if you are alone, and you think that you are cleverest being in universe, and you don't even have someone to alarm you that you are possibly making mistake, then you are in deep s***t

Best of all, I don't believe anyone from these forums had anything against him, we would accept him as anyone else who came into these forums, but it looks like his intention wasn't to make friendships in the first place... again, his decision. We are not going to force anyone to join us, and we are not forcing anyone to leave... they feel if they can't survive in here, and they make their own decisions - they leave by their choice.

Good night everyone, need to "kill" my eyes... too long day today...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 06:32:15 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

galooma

« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2004, 09:37:47 AM »
having read (waded) through this cess-pit of garbage I believe we now have a perfect justification to ask Alwil for a ignore button that would remove all postings from an offensive user on a personal level. I guess its a bit late for this edition but maybe the new software version when it updates?
Its amazing what one moron can stir up. :o :o :o

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2004, 12:44:13 PM »
I think that I suggested this before, but I think that we should take steps to stop the 'drive by posting' by non Alwil Software users, after all it is the Alwil Software Forums.

There have been a number of threads started in the past whose only purpose have to inflame. Not to mention this saga.

We insist that people register in order to be able to post, why not take one step further and have people enter their 'avast! registration key.' Just how this could be validated would be the issue, but it should reduce the 'drive by postings'.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Germanium202

« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2004, 02:35:26 PM »
I believe our FRIEND is gone and he took most of his traces with him. I just wish there was a way to now change the Misleadingand and Incorrect title of this thread.
But, that i believe takes someone higher up the ladder than any of us members.

Nah, still here, i didn't delete a single post of mine, perhaps someone else did, i don't know and i don't really want to read through this big ass thread again.

Germanium202

« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2004, 02:40:35 PM »
Oh, believe me guys, he's not gone... he is too smart just to leave like that. He feeds himself when he sees somebody looses his/her nerves because of his postings. I'm sure he is watching our replies, but I'm not curious... I'm glad that we managed to keep peace in these forums. But, it's always like that, isn't it ? I remember few months ago, we had similar problems with few other guys... but they just came to bash and tryed to flame with eveyone. We were united and sticked together as always, so when they saw they can not "pass" this barrier, they just gave up and disappeared. It's very hard to live alone, without friends and contacts.

No, we don't think that we are always right, but that's why 10 heads are more clever than just one, and that one always can learn a lot from other 9 heads, right ? But, if you are alone, and you think that you are cleverest being in universe, and you don't even have someone to alarm you that you are possibly making mistake, then you are in deep s***t

Best of all, I don't believe anyone from these forums had anything against him, we would accept him as anyone else who came into these forums, but it looks like his intention wasn't to make friendships in the first place... again, his decision. We are not going to force anyone to join us, and we are not forcing anyone to leave... they feel if they can't survive in here, and they make their own decisions - they leave by their choice.

Good night everyone, need to "kill" my eyes... too long day today...  ::)

LOL, tell me, how does it feel to be so extremely full of yourself?

My intention was to reply to the fanboyism that brought this thread here, the trashing of a review the fanboys did not agree with.

I loved RejZors review though, it really lets Avast users know how Avast work, of course, you have to use Avast to understand it, and if you do, i don't know what information is new, if you don't, you will be wondering forever wth a spinning "a" ball is.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2004, 02:41:07 PM »
Greatest idea I've ever heard DavidR... entering our personal licence key would asure that everyone who comes into these forums, is comming to ask some quality questions regarding the product they use... especially if they are experiencing some difficulties with they beloved antivirus program which is avast! in this case...

Also, I hate to see all those personal information hidden inside someone's profile. Why should anyone hide anything, of course if they came here in peace ? I'm not saying all information must be revealed, but c'mon people... we are good friends, aside we are here to ask questions and provide others with answers.

That wasn't to brave from anyone who came in here, had all those information hidden, and started to literally attack everyone... I still don't see where he sees pleasure in pissing everyone off. I personally like more when I meet new friends, help others if I can somehow, use my friend's help offered to me, laugh, make jokes ocasinally, etc.

Cheers !

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2004, 02:43:59 PM »

My intention was to reply to the fanboyism that brought this thread here, the trashing of a review the fanboys did not agree with.

I loved RejZors review though, it really lets Avast users know how Avast work, of course, you have to use Avast to understand it, and if you do, i don't know what information is new, if you don't, you will be wondering forever wth a spinning "a" ball is.

Hahahaha... I am NOT full of myself, I just feel beings like you... you just prooved yourself. Couldn't resist not to answer on this one. You just prooved you were here whole time. And now, you are telling me I am full of myslef ? No, no... I was just right !

Germanium202

« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2004, 02:50:34 PM »
Greatest idea I've ever heard DavidR... entering our personal licence key would asure that everyone who comes into these forums, is comming to ask some quality questions regarding the product they use... especially if they are experiencing some difficulties with they beloved antivirus program which is avast! in this case...

Also, I hate to see all those personal information hidden inside someone's profile. Why should anyone hide anything, of course if they came here in peace ? I'm not saying all information must be revealed, but c'mon people... we are good friends, aside we are here to ask questions and provide others with answers.

That wasn't to brave from anyone who came in here, had all those information hidden, and started to literally attack everyone... I still don't see where he sees pleasure in pissing everyone off. I personally like more when I meet new friends, help others if I can somehow, use my friend's help offered to me, laugh, make jokes ocasinally, etc.

Cheers !

Good idea, imagine how it great it would be:

Poster 1: "Avast is great"
Poster 2: "It yes is "
Poster 3: "best of the best"
Ad infinitum.......

I think it's a good idea to keep my personal info hidden in a kiddie forum such as this one, if i hadn't i would probably have had to close my mail account considering how mature you fanboys are when it comes to critizism.

What do you want to know? I'll give you my personal history if it amuses you, or setups and computers if you'd like that better?

What i won't give you is any way to contact me beyond this forum, and i won't do that for a very good reason.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2004, 02:59:09 PM »
No one said you should post all the best about avast!, but comming in here just because of one particular reason to make fight with everyone is not the best reason you could choose... IMHO...

And, no... e-mail shouldn't be revealed anyway... that's just your personal opinion and decision. You can always create some additional e-mail account (there is so many free providers out there), to have it just in case you want to hear something from this forum members through e-mail... you could always close it as it becomes annoying. SPAM is also another annoying thing, and that's why I don't have my e-mail listed. As I said, that's only personal opinion...

Germanium202

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2004, 02:59:14 PM »

Hahahaha... I am NOT full of myself, I just feel beings like you... you just prooved yourself. Couldn't resist not to answer on this one. You just prooved you were here whole time. And now, you are telling me I am full of myslef ? No, no... I was just right !

"I just felt beings like you"?????

If you couldn't resist not to answer it, your post would not exist.

You were wrong, i wasn't in this forum until i saw some mail i got because some joker named Pavel sent me a PM, unfortunantly, he didn't seem too bright as he said "i don't care about your opinions on Avast".

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2004, 03:01:06 PM »
I think it's a good idea to keep my personal info hidden in a kiddie forum such as this one
If this really was a kiddie forum than you are sure the dombest kid I've ever seen. Calling this a kiddie form and still staying.

Somehow I think it is a waste of time to ask you to help others since you seems to know it all better than anyone else.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 03:02:45 PM by Eddy »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2004, 03:02:34 PM »
Pavel is not a joker and you are sometimes a way out of line my friend... oh, sorry I forgot you don't want friends in your life...

Pavel is huge part of Alwil team, very diligent person, and also moderator... above all, he is great friend.