Author Topic: Having trouble with new installation of Free Avast (Windows 7)  (Read 2616 times)

WilliamHerbert

Having trouble with new installation of Free Avast (Windows 7)
« on: January 06, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »
Hi,

I've just tried to install Free avast on my eMachine Netbook running Windows 7.  After instalation I tried to register the product but it kept coming up with an error:
"AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error".
So the registration seems to remain incomplete and shows the expiry date as today.

I shut down the computer and restarted and opened avast again. This time it says that it is "Unsecured" and provideds a button to "Fix".  The button does nothing.  When I click it the computer asks if it is ok for this program to make changes to my computer. I click "Yes", the screen blinks and I'm back where I started.  I try and register again but the RPC error remains.

Help!

William.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Having trouble with new installation of Free Avast (Windows 7)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »
what AV did you have before avast ?
was your machine delivered with a preinstalled AV ?
did you uninstall it before installing avast ?

after uninstall it is recomended to run a removal tool so all leftover files are gone

run and reboot - Uninstallers – Security Software
http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »
Which avast! version..??
OS..?? (32/64 Bit - which SP)
Other security related software..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
BTW, after avast repair, or "fix it", or (re)install, you need to reboot so to see the consequences of the respective action.