Author Topic: How will Avast 7 be an improvement? Any thoughts from those who know?  (Read 26153 times)

LordKitsuna

Re: How will Avast 7 be an improvement? Any thoughts from those who know?
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 12:39:00 AM »
i too am curious about the added cloud features, while to the best of my knowledge i have nothing worth hiding on my pc (you never know whats on there from those party's i go too like once a year) but it could be a concern

also how is analyzing files in a cloud any faster (or more accurate) then doing it locally? for that matter wouldn't that mean avast would be rendered useless if it lost connection to said cloud?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:23:37 AM by LordKitsuna »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 01:06:36 AM »
It was already posted some improvements:
1. Remote access (for help other users).
2. Streaming updates.
3. File reputation.

Although most of them were discussed in a reserved part of the forum until now.
The best things in life are free.

Gargamel360

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 06:45:13 AM »
for that matter wouldn't that mean avast would be rendered useless if it lost connection to said cloud?
No, not at all.  It would be like Avast! is as you have it now, average 2 updates per day.

naren17

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 12:13:18 PM »
It was already posted some improvements:
1. Remote access (for help other users).
2. Streaming updates.
3. File reputation.

Although most of them were discussed in a reserved part of the forum until now.

Any info on File Reputation? What it would be like?

chabbo

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »
I thought avast didn't like the idea of cloud technology? But im not complaining the new version sounds sweet.

avast! 7 - News, rumors, speculations and suggestions
Hello, since the first update for avast! 6 now been published, I would like, as the title suggests, are now a topic available in the avast on the next version! 7 can be discussed. Of course I'm going in the entrance fee (ie this one) to the roadmap and news about avast! 7 Keep up to date. At the moment already started planning or completion of the first visions of the new version and then in the next few months will be implemented by the development. As we develop naturally partially informed about the new features, but partly also changes by talking only be planned, I will gather in this post only. Please also note that the below-called roadmap always subject to change in, ie, there may well be may be that not all points actually implemented or implemented in this form! Previous avast! 7 Roadmap

Technology cloud / cloud-based queries / Cloud heuristic
Extension of the behavioral protection
Integration of audio aids for people with visual impairment (especially for the AutoSandbox) to compensate for the lack of access to the screen reader AutoSandbox
Script protection for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Acrobat Reader
Backup / Restore avast! Settings
SafeZone: Import Bookmarks from the browser outside the safe zone
SafeZone: WebRep also in the safe zone browser available
SafeZone: pop-up hints are displayed when detecting even within the safe zone
Sandbox: Network Virtualization
Additional points will follow and will be published at the announcement here. Until then, however, diligently discussing, speculating, and of course are proposed. avast suggestions / requests from users for the next version! 7 These suggestions / requests are collected by us, examined and discussed with the development. We will then add some time feedback. If the request is not feasible or is rejected by the development, we remove it from the list.

(Denied) Warning on shutdown if there is still storage media (eg USB flash disk or floppy disk) in drive
(You may be discussed in more detail) catching up a scheduled scan, when the PC was shut down at specified time
(You may be discussed in more detail) an outdated ad avast! Version via the tray icon (yellow triangle or other color)
(Available will be improved if any) of submission of suspicious files via the user interface

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From avast Germany http://forum.avadas.de/threads/2994-avast!-7-Neuigkeiten-Ger%C3%BCchte-Spekulationen-und-Vorschl%C3%A4ge

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »
Well, there are more new features / improvements in general than mentioned here, and definitely a lot more in the Sandbox :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

true indian

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »
Sorry but seeing nsm posts i really need to post this..

@nsm

I know u alerdy....why the hell u post that ******* in your comments just a small message:

IF U DONT LIKE AVAST! LEAVE THIS FORUM ALONE!  >:(

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:07:31 AM by true indian »

akama1

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »
this maybe an embarassing question to ask but u guys wont mind telling me what nsm has done or offense dat makes all of us hate him/her sooo much?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2012, 02:17:07 PM »
Just view his posts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

akama1

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2012, 02:28:58 PM »
okayzzzz i look for his namefirst

drew316

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2012, 10:08:17 PM »
Well I just started looking today at AV reviews, and that is why I came to this forum. I've been with Avast for a couple years since I read reviews and tried various products, and I am shocked that the Avast 6 reviews are so bad now.

So version 7 really needs to address that, especially detection and cleaning. I like how Avast does not use a lot of resources and I have not had problems with it, but these reviews tell me I simply have to go to a different product if this issue does not get fixed soon.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2012, 10:14:16 PM »
I like how Avast does not use a lot of resources and I have not had problems with it
Should your choice be predicated by experience rather than reviews ?  If you follow the reviews you could end up with 6 different AV's per year

Hermite15

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »
I like how Avast does not use a lot of resources and I have not had problems with it
Should your choice be predicated by experience rather than reviews ?  If you follow the reviews you could end up with 6 different AV's per year

exactly ;D

dagrev

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »
... I am shocked that the Avast 6 reviews are so bad now.
So version 7 really needs to address that, especially detection and cleaning.

Avast (VLK) is not happy with the the current version's performance in these tests the last half of last year.  They have also said that ver. 7 should address what they clearly see as a problem needing attention.  

Having said that, the differences are not huge.  I'm paying to use it and will continue to do so because I still believe Avast is a quality AV.  As for other free AVs, Avast is as good as any.
http://www.westcoastlabs.com/realTimeTesting/article/?articleID=1#item3

Be patient.  If you've been served well with Avast, chances are that will continue.  Another factor is this forum.  Most other AV forums are seriously lacking.  This forum is well worth the price of free!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:51:39 PM by dagrev »

kcs

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »
to add to your comments dagrev , i agree with you had said and to add, users here that are not avast team need to remember avast only submit there free app to the testing company's, lets see avg or any of the others do that and get the scores they get.

Secondly the only two AV apps that are in the same ballpark on size and update size are avast and avira (avira not my first choice on AV but...) , the rest are 300 meg installs and each update is a whooping 100meg each time they do it.(work that out in a year, and some do 3 or 4 updates a day),
what we have found in our servicing company is that many people have semi older computers and all the new 2012 products a super hogs on system resources and definitively slow older units down, avast dosnt, and its small on its updates to so what could be better.

as to @nsm i agree, if you don't like getting burnt then stay out of the fire?...
IF U DONT LIKE AVAST! LEAVE THIS FORUM ALONE... its simple.

Are you sure he isn't a Norton employee? or something.. ;D