Author Topic: How will Avast 7 be an improvement? Any thoughts from those who know?  (Read 25921 times)

nsm0220

Re: How will Avast 7 be an improvement? Any thoughts from those who know?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 02:55:13 AM »
Excuse me nsm0220 how "can" you "make" avast stop an infection?  ???  I thought avast did that on its own.  ;D

its signatures,behavior blocker,sandbox   

true indian

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
Reading this topic i spilled my coffee all over me in excitement....now i am really not amazed if somebody calls me a mad man for avast! 7 beta  ;D

But it should be a uplink to avast 6 pretty sure...

and if they keep it good...we will get to the respectable position on the AV table.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:43:59 PM by true indian »

nsm0220

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 03:49:31 PM »
Reading this topic i spilled my coffee all over me in excitement....now i am really not amazed if somebody calls me a mad man for avast! 7 beta  ;D

and if they keep it good...we will get to the respectable position on the AV table.

expert avast in detection rate is almost dead last in av-comparatives hate to bust your bubble.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/dyn/wpdt2011_2_en.pdf   

GTX66

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »
If it comes with Windows 8 support (next month when Windows 8 Beta is released to public) then I will definitely try it. I hope we can use Avast 6 license key on it because I still have a few months on the license left (Internet Security)
The 6 license better work on release 7. I have less than 28 days on mine and I really need to know

true indian

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 05:47:35 PM »

expert avast in detection rate is almost dead last in av-comparatives hate to bust your bubble.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/dyn/wpdt2011_2_en.pdf   

Nsm i know u dont like avast! at all...so u dont need to comment further.

Rather the av-comparatives results are being discussed in another thread.

Hermite15

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »
@GTX66 etc...

guys why the hell wouldn't your AIS licenses, valid and in use in V6, work with V7? gimme a single reason, or stop posting useless comments/questions, thanks :)

@nsm0220 >>> give us a ******* break !!! ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:50:01 PM by logos »

true indian

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 05:49:49 PM »
Sorry!

logos i am going to ignore this thread for now....i hope nsm stops posting too..

GTX66

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »
@GTX66 etc...

guys why the hell wouldn't your AIS licenses, valid and in use in V6, work with V7? gimme a single reason, or stop posting useless comments/questions, thanks :)

Not all software licenses carry over from one release to the next. I will give you Total Uninstall, it was upgraded and a NEW license was required. I suggest that you stop posting garbage! This is one reason! Those that post like they know it all, actually know nothing.

Hermite15

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 06:20:46 PM »
@GTX66 etc...

Not all software licenses carry over from one release to the next. I will give you Total Uninstall, it was upgraded and a NEW license was required. I suggest that you stop posting garbage! This is one reason! Those that post like they know it all, actually know nothing.

hey, chill out dude ok ? JUST CHILL OUT! period.

GTX66

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
@GTX66 etc...

Thanks, I was wondering whether I should renew my license to AIS or not. You have made up my mind for me. Goodbye Avast, welcome MSE!

Hermite15

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
@GTX66 etc...

Thanks, I was wondering whether I should renew my license to AIS or not. You have made up my mind for me. Goodbye Avast, welcome MSE!

:'( ... oh no ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »
<snip>

Avast certainly haven't done that in the past and I can't see it in the future. The avast license is valid for the term and a program update doesn't change that if your license is still valid.

Should the license format change as it did from avast 4.x to the new format in avast 5.x/6.x then there was a convert user license facility so that users could convert the old format to the new format for the remainder of the license period.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ady4um

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 06:33:22 PM »
guys why the hell wouldn't your AIS licenses, valid and in use in V6, work with V7
I was wondering whether I should renew my license to AIS or not. You have made up my mind for me. Goodbye Avast, welcome MSE!

@GTX66,
I don't understand your post. If you renew your license now with AIS 6, it will probably be valid with avast 7. We, as simple users, can't answer officially to the question, but that's how it was in past upgrades. Which answer were you expecting so to decide to renew the license now?

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 07:10:29 PM »
I will give you Total Uninstall, it was upgraded and a NEW license was required.
@ GTX66,
What does that have to do with avast! and it's licensing policy ???

avast!4 license was good when avast!5 came out and that license was good when avast!6 was released.
Why would there be a total change now to something Avast has never done.  ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

YoKenny

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 11:26:53 PM »
@GTX66 etc...

Good bye to bad trash!