Author Topic: Can't re-register Avast free v 6.o.1367  (Read 15294 times)

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
Re: Can't re-register Avast free v 6.o.1367
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »
I just answered what has been asked by tech. Earlier I just expressed my astonishment that by having always connected to internet my avast is not up to date.
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

ady4um

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 03:46:14 PM »
As I do have internet access, I don't see the point of doing the offline thing.

You mentioned you requested and received a new code. I just tried to help you find the correct place to add that code in your avast.

During my previous attempts to re-register, I requested a "Re send licence key" and then received one. Can I use that one now in the offline section, instead of waiting for the 14 days access to re-register?

If the registration tab in avast is still showing you the same old date for the next expiration, and the offline section of the tab (the same of the picture I attached) is still there, then yes, you should be able to use that code you received. Add the code and save. If you still have some problem with the registration after that, reboot and retest and then post feedback here so we know the results.

simpleton

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 02:31:00 AM »
Hi Ady4um,

Put in the key, clicked ok, pop up thanked me for registering.
No change in expiry so rebooted.
Still no change in expiry  :(  :'(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 03:00:45 AM »
Given what you said:
<snip>
During my previous attempts to re-register, I requested a "Re send licence key" and then received one. Can I use that one now in the offline section, instead of waiting for the 14 days access to re-register?

I'm not surprised the expiry hasn't changed as the resend license would be the old one with the old expiry date.

So you need to complete the off-line registration as mentioned (not the resend license) and that will email you a new registration number which you can enter.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

simpleton

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 01:50:08 AM »
author=DavidR link=topic=91591.msg728754#msg728754 date=1326247245]
Given what you said:
I'm not surprised the expiry hasn't changed as the resend license would be the old one with the old expiry date.

Well there you go. I said in an earlier post that my sig says it all LOL.

Purely for my own "education", I'll wait for the 14 days, to see if things sort themselves out. If not, then I will do the offline route.

Thanks for your patience with a non-technical old fart.  ;D

ady4um

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 09:21:55 AM »
@simpleton,

The license center http://www.avast.com/license-center has a "resend" license, but also a renewal of license (for offline systems, or for cases where the on line method fails) When you renew your Free license, the new code should indeed work correctly, effectively renewing your Free license for another year.

Or maybe the built in (on line) method will eventually work correctly for you, avoiding the need of emails and codes.

simpleton

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 05:29:07 AM »
With 13 days to go until my free rgistration runs out, the "register now" function still didn't work.

I had to go via the off line route, which worked fine.

However, I still fail to see the point of the pop ups (several times a day) telling me to re-register 28 days before expiry, when the damn thing doesn't work. Not even inside the 14 days mentioned by others in this thread.

Needs sorting guys.