Author Topic: Business Protection BSOD Blue Screen's servers running as VM's on Xen Server  (Read 3355 times)

Naza

Hi Guy's,

Is anyone else having this issue?

I am running the latest version of Business Protection and it's running in a cloud host that uses Xen Server. Since installing the latest version all my VM's are starting to blue screen every few hours and reboot.

I did not have this problem before with the old version.

I have logged a support case but the support is terrible!! Not much of a response. They advise they are looking into it and it's been about a month.

This is pretty dodgy for use in production business systems, I won't be recommending it for business use to any of my clients due to poor support and lack of response.

Note: I also paid for a 100user license so it's not like I am using a free product. Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
I would imagine a scenario like this would take some time to test. I will report this thread so hopefully the avast team can give you an update.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline petr.chytil

• Quality Assurance Director
  • Avast team
Hi Naza,

could you please add some specifics? On which guest OSes does the issue occur? Is it BP or BPP? Do you by any chance know which Xen version do they use on the cloud host?

Or, If you already posted the info into the support ticket, could you please send me the ticked ID?

Thanks

Naza

Hi Guy's,

Thanks for the reply.

All the details are in the ticket:

CDD-344102

This was logged back in " 21.02.2012 12:35"

The problem is with Business Protection the one without the firewall.

Offline coypu

We are running BP on several servers running as VM under Xenserver, both versions 5.6 and 6.0.  Our deployments include both Windows server 2003 and 2008 R2.  We are not seeing this issue, but I will be watching this thread closely.