Author Topic: Client PC's Disconnected  (Read 11334 times)

Steve Cee

Client PC's Disconnected
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:11:40 PM »
Greetings:

I'm having an issue with a new install of Avast Business Protection.  Most of the PC's on my LAN show as "disconnected".  The Admin console was able to discover them and remote install the Avast Client but after that they only show as "Disconnected". 

Windows (or any other) firewall is disabled.  They PC's are powered on and I can ping them from the admin console PC.   

Any idea of where to start looking to fix this?

Thanks.

REDACTED

Re: Client PC's Disconnected
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »
I have the same problem.  Server is 2008 R2 and clients are XP-Win7.  Firewall is turned off by GP.  Initially the clients showed up as connected but now all but the server itself are disconnected.  The logs show they are connecting but the status does not reflect this. 

I would love to get a solution to this problem.

Doofy

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:06:31 PM »
I also experience this issue. It appears that many clients bounce from online to offline status based on each poll. Is there a way to loosen the polling criteria?

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:59:52 AM »
Try to restart the avast! Administration Console service.

Regards

Offline Bret Miller

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »
I'm having this problem regularly too. Restarting the administration console service "fixes" it, but since it happens at least once almost every day, I'd guess there is something wrong in the code. Maybe it should watch the connected computers and when none have connected in a reasonable time, automatically restart itself (or close and re-open the ports or something to try to resolve the issue).

Console runs on Windows Server 2008R2 here too.

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 06:21:17 PM »
what is your avast! admin console version?

I've version 1.1.132.15 and no any problem with it.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)

Offline hillen

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »
I have 125 clients in two different subnets, and almost 100% of the clients show disconnected. I like others restart the Console and the clients appear and then as usual simply disconnect after a short while. I am running the latest Console and the latest client, but the problem persists.

It appears this is a known issue and has been for sometime know, but I do not see any kind of response from Avast concerning this issue. Is this leaving our clients unprotected, if a client becomes infected how will we know since they are consistently disconnected, even though they are indeed online.

I like the product, and once again stuck my neck out to keep it at our facility, but I am loosing confidence since they do not seem to acknowledge (at least I cant find it) and they haven't fixed the issue. So if someone actually knows what is going on or if they have fixed it and I am simply not seeing the fix -- please enlighten me. If there is no supported fix, then my question is -- when will there be?

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 05:17:52 PM »
Hello,

If you provide us with your avast! SBC troubleshooting package we will be able to assist.

Regards,
Avosec Technical Support

Rob butterworth

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »
I have this same issue. I am hoping to upgrade from pro v4, but my test install of BP only shows 1 of my test installs in the console. The one that works is a 2003 server, the other two are XP and W7 64bit. The working one had no AV previously, the other two had v4 pro removed first.

Very frustrating. Anyone got a solution?

Rob

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 12:31:01 PM »
I have this same issue. I am hoping to upgrade from pro v4, but my test install of BP only shows 1 of my test installs in the console. The one that works is a 2003 server, the other two are XP and W7 64bit. The working one had no AV previously, the other two had v4 pro removed first.

Very frustrating. Anyone got a solution?

Rob
Rob,

Can you provide us with the troubleshooting package from the console so that we can see what is going on?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline hillen

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »
Sorry for the delay -- had to many projects in the fire and have simply dealt with the disconnect issues manually. If you tell me how to generate the report you are asking for I will be happy to generate and send it along.

Thanks
Paul

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 06:11:46 PM »
Sorry for the delay -- had to many projects in the fire and have simply dealt with the disconnect issues manually. If you tell me how to generate the report you are asking for I will be happy to generate and send it along.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

Open your Administration console and click on Admin in the left column. Then click on Setting and choose Troubleshooting. You will see the button to Download Troubleshooting package that contains the log files.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

bazbazbaz

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 06:38:43 PM »
I seem to be suffering from the same issues. The log files are about 800kb too large to attache here. Please advise.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »
I seem to be suffering from the same issues. The log files are about 800kb too large to attache here. Please advise.

Please upload to a file hosting site and post the link here

bazbazbaz

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »