Author Topic: wi fi  (Read 1857 times)

Offline puwer98

wi fi
« on: January 15, 2012, 05:23:48 AM »
Last night my wi fi stoped working I had the same problem on the other laptop 2 months ago and the fault was with avast I had to delete it and re instal it then add the licence all is ok with that one.
The one I am on now avast says un secured and no matter what I do it will not start the box come up but nothing happens, how can I send a bug report?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: wi fi
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 07:32:47 AM »
The one I am on now avast says un secured and no matter what I do it will not start the box come up but nothing happens, how can I send a bug report?

Try this...

Repair avast!:
1. Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs -> avast!
2. Scroll down and click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: wi fi
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
If Asyn's suggestions fail, I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.