Author Topic: Avast just deleted a good program .....  (Read 8764 times)

mastic

Avast just deleted a good program .....
« on: October 10, 2013, 10:29:03 PM »
Avast just deleted a good program that I often use from my computer then when I went to reinstall the program it deleted the installer.exe. So when Avast removes programs/files where is the vault they are installed in and how do I get them back?
Then how do I tell Avast to stop destroying my good and useful programs?

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast just deleted a good program .....
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »
Open the interface and go to Maintenance>Virus chest right click on the file and click restore and add to exclusions.

Before you do that right click on the file and choose report to virus lab, choose false positive there and give some information.
Check i know what i am doing and click submit. I think they will fix this as fast as possible.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 10:35:21 PM »
They are in: Status > component status > virus chest
Right click the file for options.
Submit is as being a false positive to the virus lab.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 10:50:18 PM »

mastic

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 01:41:06 AM »
Open the interface and go to Maintenance>Virus chest right click on the file and click restore and add to exclusions.

Before you do that right click on the file and choose report to virus lab, choose false positive there and give some information.
Check i know what i am doing and click submit. I think they will fix this as fast as possible.

Okay thanks I have restored the file but I can't work out how to add it to exclusions, can you walk me through the method please.

SoccerFan707

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 01:43:31 AM »
Settings/Global exclusions. File Shield/exclusions. Click add then browse to the directory where its installed.

mastic

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 04:39:29 AM »
Settings/Global exclusions. File Shield/exclusions. Click add then browse to the directory where its installed.

Thanks everyone for your help. My program is up and running again now with the global exclusion set.
It's a program that tracks how long since I quite smoking and how much money I have saved, now 2 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 846 days in total, money saved $8,714-, cigaretts not smoked 16,921  ......