Author Topic: i need some help  (Read 13669 times)

buffy_92

i need some help
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
hello. i have a problem, it sounds like this: the used space from C part.(with Windows) it's going to decrese. it's happens with few MG. i've tried a disk defragmentation, but after few minutes the free space it's more with 2/3MG, after a restart it's less and then, much more.. i thing it's about a virus, but my Avast 6., didn't check anything. also, i don't see suspect processes at task manager.
i'm sorry if i didn't match the topic and for my english. pls somebody tell me what it's all about?

true indian

Re: i need some help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »
Hi an welcome to the forums! :)

This cant be a virus as such i dont see anything related....Have u enabled file indexing property for your C drive?

buffy_92

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:55:41 AM »
not really

true indian

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:01:48 AM »
Ok...wait until other forum members post as i dont know why that should happen...i never seen such a weird issue yet!

buffy_92

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 11:07:29 AM »
i know, my pc it's going crazy after more problems...

SafeSurf

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
I need to know more information about your machine to answer your question:

1.   What is your OS, 32 or 64-bit?  How much RAM do you have?
2.   What version of Avast did you install?  6.0.1367? 
3.   What product of Avast did you install?  Free, Pro, AIS?
4.   What other security software do you currently have or did you have in the past on this machine including:
- Antivirus (AV)
- Firewall (FW)
- Trial versions of AV, FW and other security programs
- Other security software (example: Malwarebytes [MBAM])

- If they were in the past, how did you remove them (the vendor's uninstaller's tool or  another way)?
5.   Are your MS Updates (if you have Windows) current?
6.   Are your software updates current?
7.   Are the Avast definitions (updates) current?
8.   When was the last time you did any kind of scan in Avast, and if so what kind of scan was it?  Did your scan come out clean (no infection)?
9.    Did this problem start all of a sudden or come on gradually?  If it came on all of a sudden, what were you doing when it started and when did it happen?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but this will help identify issues that are causing problems.  Thank you.

buffy_92

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 02:10:15 PM »
1. 32b, 2BG RAM
2. 6.0.1367
3. free
4. just avast
5. it's turned off
7. yes
8. few hours ago, full scan, and didn't detect anything
9. i saw it few days ago, when the AV was checking sth, and my network started plugging, then it's starts a problem with my browser, from mozilla arrived to yahoo page, and then i saw this problem with the free space.

buffy_92

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
i forget' sth: if i assembly the free space with the used space, they didn't match, no way...it's a major difference.

Offline RZPogi

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »
Is system restore on? If it is, system restore is making an image copy of the whole drive. Well, it only record major changes such as installing windows updates, installing some new programs, etc.
You might want to delete all except the latest restore point. You can do this with ccleaner or go to control panel>system. select advanced system settings on the top left panel. On the system properties panel, select system protection tab. On the System Protection for Drive C window, select delete. Note that it will delete all restore points so if you need to revert to a previous state of windows it will not be possible.

Also your browser saves some data on HD to makes websites load faster when you check them out again. Clear your browser's cache or use ccleaner from www.piriform.com/ccleaner
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:28:18 PM by RZPogi »
DESKTOP: Win 10, Avast 20 Free, Windows firewall, Malwarebytes free

LAPTOP: Win 10, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes free, Windows Firewall, Mcshield

buffy_92

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »
it's restore off. :-\

buffy_92

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 02:28:20 PM »
any more ideas please?

buffy_92

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
and my temp from Windows file, it's small than temp from Doc.andSettings, that one it's like 10mg, but no problem, it should decrease the free space, not the used one. :-\ :'(

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 09:27:54 PM »
Can you post a screen shot of what you're trying to explain ???
Why is windows updates turned off ??? Is your windows OS up to date ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

buffy_92

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 10:21:24 PM »
ya. i'm telling that my USED space from part. with windows it's going to DECREASE with 3-4 more mg, in few minutes...after a restart it's like at the beginnig and then, it's changing again.

buffy_92

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »
and about my windows update, it's "off" since i hadn' internet(few months ago), and looks' like i forgett' him off :-\