Author Topic: i need some help  (Read 13672 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: i need some help
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 10:27:39 PM »
ya. i'm telling that my USED space from part. with windows it's going to DECREASE with 3-4 more mg, in few minutes...after a restart it's like at the beginnig and then, it's changing again.

I've to admit, that I've no idea what you want to know..!?? ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

buffy_92

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
??i have a serious problem here with my computer which is going crazy with his stupid numbers and i want to know what the hell it's happen' with him...i thought it's about a virus, or another problem, and like everyone else, i want to know what it's all about... but nobody knows!!?!! really thanks! :'(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 10:40:34 PM »
i thought it's about a virus...

If you think it's a virus - Please attach your logs.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ady4um

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 10:43:33 PM »
I may be wrong, but I think the reason "nobody knows" is because it is a bit difficult to understand what you are posting.

If you say that it takes just a few minutes to see the free / used size problem, you could:

1_ Open Windows Explorer;
2_ Take a screenshot and SAVE it;
3_ Wait "some time" so to be able to see the difference in size;
4_ Open Windows Explorer ANEW (or refresh the view with F5 );
5_ Take a new screenshot and SAVE it;

6_ Attach here both screen shots. Please try to make the attachments "relevant", (ie. avoid posting your whole desktop if it is unnecessary, and try to make the numbers / values clear enough).

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »
I may be wrong, but I think the reason "nobody knows" is because it is a bit difficult to understand what you are posting.

You're right and I may correct this to: "very difficult" ;) (at least for me...)

true indian

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 05:49:03 AM »
i think he is trying to say that his free space on his c: drive increases or decreases randomly on reboot..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:50:36 AM by true indian »

buffy_92

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 08:14:03 AM »
problem resolved after 2 defragmentation and a C:format... i'm still thinking at what it was ???

SafeSurf

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »
@ buffy_92,

If you are saying that everything is working fine now, great.  If not, this sounds like an infection (malware), and I would follow the link given to you in post #17.  Start with the Malwarebytes (MBAM) log and post it here...make sure you UPDATE MBAM prior to scanning, then quarantine any infection it finds.  It actually can't hurt for you to do this now anyway because you mentioned something earlier about opening up FF and being redirected to Yahoo (if I understood correctly).

After posting your MBAM log, if there are problems, then I would proceed with the OTL log as directed on the link in post #17.

Make sure your Avast definitions and MS/Windows Updates are kept up to date.

You can also download something like CCleaner to remove unused files (cache, temporary Internet files, etc.) from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.  It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.  There is a CCleaner Slim Version http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds - scroll down with no toolbars and requires less memory.  Use this every time you are online and before you close your machine down to free up space as well.

Once you have everything working correctly, make a restore point in case you need to go back to a good configuration.  You can set the restore point limit to a minimum amount if you like.

buffy_92

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »
this is from scan boot

01/16/2012 11:47
Scan of all local drives

File C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Pro\dtprohlp.dll|>[UPX]|>[Embedded_R#2222c]|>DaemonTools_WhenUSave_Installer.exe is infected by Win32:PUP-gen [PUP], Moved to chest
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch03\03fig15.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch07\07fig01.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch01\aafig01.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch01\aafig04.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch01\aafig05.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch03\bbfig02.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch06\befig09.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch06\befig11.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch05\bffig02.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch05\bffig03.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch05\bffig04.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\Visual C# - Video Tutorials\CSharp_09 - Program Flow - Solution.zip|>CSharp_09 - Program Flow - Solution.wmv Error 42125 {ZIP archive is corrupted.}
File D:\Kit-uri\De pus pe DVD-uri\Diverse programe\Daemon Tools Pro 4.10.0215..+crack\DTPro4100215Free.exe|>$INSTDIR\dtprohlp.dll|>[UPX]|>[Embedded_R#2222c]|>DaemonTools_WhenUSave_Installer.exe is infected by Win32:PUP-gen [PUP], Moved to chest
File D:\lexu\Genetica_-_Drosophila-transfer_RO-08dec-dc13d8.rar|>DSC02638.JPG Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
Number of searched folders: 13959
Number of tested files: 640962
Number of infected files: 2

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:00:32 PM by buffy_92 »

buffy_92

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 11:55:14 AM »
i moved them to chest and delete
but after the windows start up a error appeared: from DTProAgent.exe-unable to locate component
this application has failed to start because DTProHlp.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.
this means that the program(DaemonTools) will not work or sth like that?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:00:54 PM by buffy_92 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »
File D:\diverse\Despre C++ si alte programe\Documentatii\carti-arhive\Special Edition Using the Internet.rar|>Special Edition Using the Internet\ch03\03fig15.gif Error 42126 {RAR archive is corrupted.}
this is just a scan error, it does not mean that the file is infected

File C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Pro\dtprohlp.dll|>[UPX]|>[Embedded_R#2222c]|>DaemonTools_WhenUSave_Installer.exe is infected by Win32:PUP-gen [PUP], Moved to chest
PUP is not a virus. avast is just warning you that you have a program that can be used for good or bad

PUP (potentially unwanted program)
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/PUP

Daemon Tools
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_Tools

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:20:38 PM by Pondus »

SafeSurf

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 12:23:05 PM »
i moved them to chest and delete <snip> this means that the program(DaemonTools) will not work or sth like that?
It's always better to move things to the Chest and NOT delete...just leave it in the Chest where it is safe.  You can always restore things from the chest, especially if you find it is a vital file that is needed for the system to work, as you may have just discovered.

Next follow the directions in this link since you obviously had malware and may still have some: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0 for attaching your MBAM and OTL logs.

Make sure you update MBAM first and the OTS logs (save them as ANSI).  Post the MBAM log and the OTS log as an attachment (Additional Options > Attach > Post).  Thank you.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 12:23:42 PM »
Why did you delet them from the chest ? you should have left them in the chest until you had the detections evaluated.
With PUP detecting turned on you need to have a better understanding of the programs and processes that are going on in your system so to be better abled at making a decision when a PUP happens to be flagged.
Since you've deleted the detections you'll have to re install Daemon Tools and may i suggest for you to turn off PUP's.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:34:08 PM by craigb »

buffy_92

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »
i'm sorry i didn't know... :-[ i'll try with the MBAM and come back here..and thks for the instruct. with mbam ;)

SafeSurf

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
No problem.  We all have to learn somewhere.  We will await your response.