Author Topic: avast firewall logs  (Read 2740 times)

Jebb S. Talle

avast firewall logs
« on: January 21, 2012, 08:24:04 AM »
I just want to ask why cant I delete the avast firewall logs? Im running the current version which is 6.0.1367, my os is windows 7 ultimate.
  all logs are from 1/19/2012, today is 1/21/2012,the logs wont delete, and there are no new logs created for 1/21/2012,,I set avast to block certain programs,, I'm just worried if the blocked programs would still be blocked since there are no new log files created that tell me if it was blocked or not, it's very annoying.

and would the performance of the firewall be affected somehow?.. or is this just a bug on the firewall logs?.. I've already Installed avast for the 10th time (seriously, but it does not work. the logs are still there (date 1/19/2012)..please help  :-[

ps. I already tried repair and change components after I reinstalled, but again it's still there. ???

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: avast firewall logs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 03:17:03 PM »
Avast cleans up there own logs from time to time so best to leave the logs alone  ;)

Jebb S. Talle

Re: avast firewall logs
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:18:20 PM »
Thanks anyway I really appreciate your help, I've already tried that before, on maintenance/auto-cleanup and set delete scan logs older than "1" day but still it wont delete, it's annoying, no matter how i click "clear log" it's still there. :(