Author Topic: mystictea.cz  (Read 6980 times)

Offline wyocowboy

Re: mystictea.cz
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 08:30:39 PM »
So where do I go from here?
Thanks

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 08:34:28 PM »
At the moment I would stop using the e-mail client

Or as an alternative uninstall it a download and install a fresh copy

Give me an hour to check it out

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 08:55:48 PM »
OK a bit quicker that I thought

I have the e-mail client up and running on my system and I am receiving no alerts to Livemail

You say that when you go to the portal and read mail there you do not get the alert ?

If that is true then I would recommend that first you empty the deleted emails - does that help ?

Uninstall and then re-install the client - does that work ?

ady4um

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 09:30:41 PM »
@Essexboy,

Isn't it recommended to take a backup of the emails and contacts before uninstalling the email client program?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »
Aye  :-[ Although as it is web based it should retain that data online... Livemail does
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:41:20 PM by essexboy »

Offline wyocowboy

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 09:59:41 PM »
Yes I get no alerts from checking on line, but I'm checking through the providers web page not "eM Client" I didn't know they even provided a web based version.
I will check my questionable items in all folders, then delete the mail client and remount.
Shouldn't I be able to scan the mail client with "avast" and remove this issue?? That would save a lot of hassle!
Thanks
wyocowboy

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 10:02:53 PM »
In a way it depends on what Avast knows about the client

As it is required to connect to the net and go through a redirect (after password is entered ) then that would be a normal behaviour, however if the redirect IP is changed then that is the only time Avast would know about it

Offline wyocowboy

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »
Ok, thanks for all the help! I'll need a few evenings to get this all sorted out, as I have some things coming up. I will post in a few days after I have cleaned and or reinstalled the program.
Thanks Again
and have a good evening!
wyocowboy

bfr2

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 08:23:03 AM »
wyocowboy and essexboy...

found this thread as I am having the same exact problem.

I also am running eM Client and my ISP is Bresnan/Optimum cable in Jackson, WY.  I use it to access my POP3 mail account so yes it does download the email and save it to my PC.  (if confugured as an IMAP account it does not).

Anyway, same situation, gives me the exact same error message upon startup:

avast! Network Shield has blocked a harmful site.
Object:     http://www.mystictea.cz/newcall-small.jpg
Infection:  URL:Mal
Process:    C:\Program Files(x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe

I ran eM Client successfully without that error message for a few weeks...it just cropped up maybe a week ago or so.

I'd be happy to standby and watch or to help troubleshoot in any way possible.  Thanks.

bfr2

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 08:55:04 AM »
well...I may have fixed mine.  I kind of remember getting an error message from Avast something about disabling SSL/TLS in my mail program so that it could take care of scanning the mail stream.  So I had gone into eM  Client to the Tools, Accounts and then under each of my 2 accounts I had checked "Don't use secure connection" for both SMTP tab and POP3 tab.

So I went back in and changed those settings so that now I have my SMTP settings set to "Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)" with port 465.  My POP3 settings are now "Use SSL/TSL if available" and port is set to 110.  (Note your mail server may be different...if these don't work use the Diagnostics tab and click on Fix.  Hopefully it can find you the right settings for your mail server.  I am not using Optimum/Bresnan mail)

In Avast! Free go to user interface, click on Real Time Shields, Select Mail Shield, click on Expert Settings, then select the SSL Accounts tab.  I think Avast! detects and makes these entries automatically (or maybe I entered them once but I don't think so).  I have 2 listings: Host Name for both is westdc.net and then the 1st is POP3, 110, TLS and the other is SMTP, 465, SSL.

I am no longer getting the popup message upon launching...however I then changed back to what I thought were my old settings and I did not get them either.  ??? Hmmmm ???  So maybe I didn't put them back quite right or maybe something else is at work.  I'll relaunch tomorrow and see if all is still good.

Easy enough to test...so maybe give this a try and see if it works for you.  Good luck.  Let me know how it goes.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:58:27 AM by bfr2 »