Author Topic: Point Blank -- Is RestoreDisks.com Legit or Bogus?  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Point Blank -- Is RestoreDisks.com Legit or Bogus?
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
RestoreDisks.com had been recommended to me here at the avast Forums.
I can't remember by whom.

Nevertheless, as I have mentioned on another thread on this Forum, I do now have my newer computer (Dell) presumably up & running.  But, I'm seriously beginning to question the legal status of that Windows as installed by RestoreDisks.com's Restore CD.

I have yet to at any point be prompted for the 25-character Product Key.
And the "Activate Windows" option mysteriously does NOT exist at
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools

And yet, not only is the Windows running seemingly fine, but even some Windows Updates downloaded and installed yesterday.  This morning some more Updates started downloading, but I eventually turned the Updates off.

With that and no reply to my E-mail to RestoreDisks.com's Customer Service after 2 days, I'm REALLY now questioning whether RestoreDisks.com is on the level.

IS RestoreDisks.com Legit or Bogus?
Is what they do even legal?
IS there such a thing as 3rd party websites being able to legally sell Restore Disks like that?
Or is that BS?
I don't even want to touch that computer anymore until I get a handle on and feel comfortable that RestoreDisks.com is legit ... IF they are.
Anyone know for sure?
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
Re: Point Blank -- Is RestoreDisks.com Legit or Bogus?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:16:57 AM »
RestoreDisks.com had been recommended to me here at the avast Forums.
I can't remember by whom.
A search for "RestoreDisks" here reveals only the posts made by you. Are you sure it was recommended here?

With that and no reply to my E-mail to RestoreDisks.com's Customer Service after 2 days, I'm REALLY now questioning whether RestoreDisks.com is on the level.
It took me about 5 days to get a reply from Konami Customer Support. Be patient. ;)
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Point Blank -- Is RestoreDisks.com Legit or Bogus?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:37:12 AM »
Yep, I'm pretty sure it was here on the avast Forums that RestoreDisks.com was recommended.
I won't wait too much longer before I'll be in a mood to go all Chuck Norris on them.
Of course, if they're Scammers, they're certainly not going to listen to any E-mails.  And I don't believe their phone number is Toll Free.
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000