Author Topic: ADNM Update  (Read 11685 times)

UCBAust

ADNM Update
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:37:16 AM »
I know this question has been asked before, but with the release of BP I would like to clarify.

Is ADNM 4.8 going to be updated so we can depoly Version 6 client, or is it going to be left on the wayside.  IE is there an update coming to ADNM soon, or should I be migrating to BP?

Thanks

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: ADNM Update
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »
All I can say is that ABP and ADNM are different products. ABP is not an upgrade for ADNM.

AVAST Software is working in a new avast! NetClient with the avast! 6 engine.

I think that in a near future we are going to have two consoles:

• ABP/ABPP for customer with less than 1000 machines.
  • ADNM with a new NetClient for customers with more than 1000 machines.

Maybe, someone from AVAST Software can confirm this.

If you have less than 200 machines you can migrate to ABP now.

Eric Bos

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »
What is the recommended migration procedure? I have 50 client licenses. I suppose I will have to uninstall the managed clients one by one. Is it a good idea to deploy ABP on a separate server? My old AMS is on Windows 2003 Server.

wpn

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 12:12:17 AM »
If you have the resources to dedicate a complete server for ABP for 50 clients then sure, put it on its own server :)
if you dont have the resources i suggest you put the ABP software on a server which has no (critical) IIS services running. I myself will put the software on my fileserver, since basicly what it does is serving files (and my disks are configureed for that need).

You can start an uninstall job from the ADNM if you want.
You can also deploy the ABP client over the adnm netclient.
If you really enjoy uninstalling manually (which actually is the safest way to go) then use the special uninstallation tool for removing the client. :)

You can uninstall all clients
Remove the old ADNM installion
Depending on which SQL database you use, you should remove the old instance and install a new instance with windows authentication

Offline spi

• Poster
  • 1st Services
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »
I heard that avast will release the ADNM2 on January 2012, I hope it was really release as soon as.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + avast Premium 11.1.2241
Network tools: Wireshark+CACE Pilot | Android Softphone + Grandstream UCM61xx | MI4i | Running Out of Time (1999)