Author Topic: On-access scanner - Outlook/Exchange not running  (Read 2893 times)

pacman2004

On-access scanner - Outlook/Exchange not running
« on: November 27, 2004, 05:23:28 AM »
Hello

There are total 6 providers but only 5 are running whenever I use my PC.  

The Avast On-Access Scanner states Outlook / Exchange is waiting for a subsystem to start.  What does this mean ? Any security issues if this is not running ?

I am using Outlook Express for my e-mail.

watchthisspace

Re:On-access scanner - Outlook/Exchange not running
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 06:11:21 AM »
The same happens for me and I do use OE for email  ???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 06:45:31 AM »
The Avast On-Access Scanner states Outlook / Exchange is waiting for a subsystem to start.
The subsystem is Outlook or Exchange.
Since the two of you do not use Outlook, but OE, you can even remove this provider.

This question has been asked and answered many times already. Please use the search option on this board prior to asking. It is also explained in Avast's help and on Avast's website http://www.avast.com/eng/other_questions.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 06:47:31 AM by Eddy »

watchthisspace

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 06:49:52 AM »
The Avast On-Access Scanner states Outlook / Exchange is waiting for a subsystem to start.
The subsystem is Outlook or Exchange.
Since the two of you do not use Outlook, but OE, you can even remove this provider.

This question has been asked and answered many times already. Please use the search option on this board prior to asking. It is also explained in Avast's help and on Avast's website http://www.avast.com/eng/other_questions.html
ok, thanks Eddy for the help