Author Topic: Problems with setting "SSL accounts" in Mail Shield - Expert Setting  (Read 1752 times)

Victor_UK

Running Avast Free 6.0.1367 with Outlook Express 6 in Win XP SP3 one of my email accounts started to report an error earlier today of not being able to connect to SMTP using SSL.

In OE6 I have POP3/SMTP ports of 110/25 and Avast, until today, had corresponding accounts with ports 995/465 in the SSL accounts list.

For some reason Avast had lost one of the SMTP accounts, so OE was unable to send for that email address.

When I tried to "ADD" the missing account - the account name stayed in Orange - and when clicking OK and then looking again at the SSL account list, the account I was trying to reinstate had not been added to the list. Luckily I noticed that there was an account in the list that I no longer use and I was able to edit that entry so it matched the lost account - with Avast now remembering the edit - so I can now send and receive email.

I know I am back up and running - but for the future
- Why did Avast loose an account from the list that has been there since I installed and set-up Avast back in September 2011? And,
- Why can't I add and save an account to the SSL list.

Best Regards