Author Topic: Apps no longer installed on phone  (Read 3181 times)

Razorback

Apps no longer installed on phone
« on: January 20, 2012, 06:02:45 AM »
After rooting and flashing a kernel I installed Avast on my phone. After I installed Avast a message said that Avast needed to be restarted in order for some features to work. I turned off my phone and then turned it back on. When it came back on some of my app icons(widgets) were replaced with a brown icon that has a picture of an android character on it with a little black card in the corner that says "SD" on it. The new brown icons still have the names of the previous apps, but when I open the app a message pops up that says "Application is not installed on your phone" and does not open. Are these apps deleted or hidden? Can I get them back?

svehlak

Re: Apps no longer installed on phone
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
"SD" marked apps have been moved to your SD card, incl. app´s data; perhaps you deleted the content of SD card in the process of installation, so the icons left, but app´s did not. Avast do not touch the SD card by that, only antitheft component can save there .zip file for installing the component rooted. Did you install antitheft by zip method?

Razorback

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:00:06 AM »
"SD" marked apps have been moved to your SD card, incl. app´s data; perhaps you deleted the content of SD card in the process of installation, so the icons left, but app´s did not. Avast do not touch the SD card by that, only antitheft component can save there .zip file for installing the component rooted. Did you install antitheft by zip method?

How do you install antitheft through zip? I don't think I installed antitheft through zip, I think I installed it the regular way. No I have a differenet problem. I got sick of not having my apps, so I wiped data and factory reset and wiped cache partition through Clock Work Mod Recovery 4. Now my apps are back. Avast was deleted in the reset, but the antitheft was not. How do I delete the antitheft app?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
use the newest version of Mobile Security, it contains an uninstaller for Anti Theft!