Author Topic: Need Help ,windows xp for tablets  (Read 3212 times)

ndell

Need Help ,windows xp for tablets
« on: November 27, 2004, 06:41:11 PM »
Does any one know if the avast will work with the windows xp for tablets? I just bought a FIC tablet and l would like to put some protection on it ! Any suggestions are welcomed
Thanks NDell

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Need Help ,windows xp for tablets
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 07:23:01 PM »
I haven't ever used or for that matter seen a tablet system. So I'm making an assumption that the win XP is in some way a cut down (slim) version, so I'm not entirely sure if the OS would be able to have avast installed and work on it.

Are you able to fully back-up your tablet system, so that it could be completely restored (like a disk image), retaining all your data, programs and settings?

If the answer is yes then you could download the trial version and try it. Many of the providers, may however be redundant if you don't use IM, P2P, Internet Mail, etc.

How you use the tablet would dictate it's need for protection. If it is never connected to the Internet and is more of a portable extension of your main PC, then protecting your PC and or network that it connects to would seem more important. If you have a back-up system so you can restore everything easily then that would lower the requirement.

But everything is down to your use and how much risk the tablet is exposed to.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 07:24:09 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ndell

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 08:04:52 PM »
I believe the tablet can be backed up but am not sure how possibly by connecting it to the main computer. my son usually helps me when I have backed up the main computer .The tablet the does not have a RW cD ROM. l--was hoping some one with a tablet had already try the avant so I was Not the first guinea pig. I guess I will wait for now.Thanks for your suggestion  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 08:28:50 PM »
Did you try to find answers/help in the other board?
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=7  ::)
The best things in life are free.