Other > Viruses and worms

Avast says SAS is infected with 14 threats?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pondus:

--- Quote --- I made a custom scan just because I heard that the "Full system" scan isn't that full at all, and that it doesn't scan a lot of things. :s
--- End quote ---
That is bc there is lots of things not necessary to scan.....

a quick scan a week is plenty....if something is detected then you can do a full
and avast will tell you when to do a boot scan....the boot scan you use when/if avast have problems removing a bug

and if you search the forum for  "scan memory"  /  "memory scan"  /  "detection in memory"   you should find lost of old cases

kkatie:
Oh I see! I'll remember that. I'm one of these really paranoid people who scans every day. I do a boot scan pretty regularly just to put my mind at ease. Thanks for helping me ^^

Pondus:

--- Quote from: kkatie on January 22, 2012, 03:41:07 PM ---Oh I see! I'll remember that. I'm one of these really paranoid people who scans every day. I do a boot scan pretty regularly just to put my mind at ease. Thanks for helping me ^^

--- End quote ---
The file shield is running in the background 24/7 scanning every file that moves in the computer when you use it

DavidR:

--- Quote from: kkatie on January 22, 2012, 03:41:07 PM ---Oh I see! I'll remember that. I'm one of these really paranoid people who scans every day. I do a boot scan pretty regularly just to put my mind at ease. Thanks for helping me ^^

--- End quote ---

- With a resident on-access antivirus like avast, the need for frequent on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part the on-demand scan is going to be scanning files that would be otherwise be dormant or inert. If they were active files then the on-access file system shield would be scanning them before being created, modified, opened or executed.

I have avast set to do a scheduled weekly Quick scan, set at a time and day that I know the computer will be on. If for some reason my system wasn't on, no big deal I will catch up on the next scheduled scan.

Pondus:
or you can activate the screen saver scan......then it will scan every time you turn your back to it.....should be good for the paranoid   ;D
if when stopped....it will start at the same place again...unless there has been a reboot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version