Author Topic: System clock error!  (Read 3828 times)

ac3w0lf

System clock error!
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:49:42 AM »
I noticed that when I install Avast, it provides you with the option to set the right time.  Is there a way to reach this or can this be added as a feature to always keep the time and date correct?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: System clock error!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:32:54 AM »
I can't recall ever having seen that in an avast install, though I haven't done a clean install for a while..

I can't really see the point of it as a feature or option during install, it would take any time that it uses directly from the system time.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 03:42:09 AM »
I can't recall ever having seen that in an avast install, though I haven't done a clean install for a while..

I can't really see the point of it as a feature or option during install, it would take any time that it uses directly from the system time.

+1  No I don't believe I have seen any such option with the Avast product I have used over the years ??? ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:43:43 AM by schmidthouse »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:30:00 AM »
I did a clean install last week and iv not seen that option  ???

Phenoman

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 05:47:15 AM »
I noticed that when I install Avast, it provides you with the option to set the right time.  Is there a way to reach this or can this be added as a feature to always keep the time and date correct?
I Reinstalled Avast is 6 yesterday i never seen that before could you post a picture?

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »

lol  ;D ... a one time poster most likely >>> go check your Windows native Internet time syncing settings may be :D