Author Topic: Avast Keeps putting TransMagic license file in the virus Chest  (Read 6590 times)

abaginskie

Avast keeps finding a False Positive for the license file manager in TransMagic. The file name is tmlicenselauncher.exe.

I entered an Exclusion in the Expert Settings for the 'File Shield' but Avast keeps picking up the file as a false positive and it puts it in the Virus Chest.

Where else do I need to enter an Exclusion for so Avast doesn't move the file to the Virus Chest?

Thanks,
Alex

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Keeps putting TransMagic license file in the virus Chest
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:23:19 PM »
You can report a possible FP here: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

abaginskie

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »
I've already reported the False Positive and Avast Support agreed that yes it is a false positive.

Now I just need to get Avast to stop stripping the file out of the /program files/TransMagic directory so the application keeps working.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »
1. I've already reported the False Positive and Avast Support agreed that yes it is a false positive.

2. Now I just need to get Avast to stop stripping the file out of the /program files/TransMagic directory so the application keeps working.

1. Good. Wait for the next VPS update then.
2. No need to exclude anything, just be patient. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

abaginskie

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 03:44:32 PM »
I submitted the False Positve on the 12th of March and it's still not fixed yet.

The license file is still being moved to the virus chest, even today.

It's hard to be patient when end users are complaining that the application they use to do their job isn't working.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
When is the detection made as I suspect from what you said "I entered an Exclusion in the Expert Settings for the 'File Shield' but Avast keeps picking up the file as a false positive and it puts it in the Virus Chest." I suspect that it may being picked up on an on-demand scan as presumably this file only needs to have been launched once (not every time) ?

If that is the case then you need to enter the full path c:\program files\TransMagic\tmlicenselauncher.exe into the avastUI, Settings, Exclusions.

Have you submitted the file as an FP from the avast chest (if not I would try that, or send it again) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security