Author Topic: Can't find mail configuration  (Read 4187 times)

jonzsie

Can't find mail configuration
« on: November 28, 2004, 03:03:50 AM »
Hi there,

I have just installed Avast 4.5 Home Edition on my laptop and can't find where to configure my email. I  had Avast before on my old laptop and in the programs menu it was listed under Avast for the mail.....but in this version it is not there. Do I need a plugin or am I looking in the wrong place????

peterfu

Re:Can't find mail configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 08:44:32 AM »
Hi jonzsie,
asssuming Your OS is not Win98 or ME. Avast has now a new mail detection method and You don't need anymore a special mailconfiguration - therefore You don't find it. Set up Your mail client as if Avast was not here and everything should work fine.
br
Peter

jonzsie

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 09:22:54 AM »
Thanks peterfu I was beginning to think I was losing it, couldn't find it anywhere. And yes I am running XP and using mozilla as my email client. Does it normally say  on incoming messages and outgoing messages that it has been scanned? Because I have noticed there is no notification on any of mail going in or out.

Thanks for that

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 10:23:23 AM »
couldn't find it anywhere
It is really easy to find on the website:
http://www.avast.com/eng/whats_new_in_avast_v.html

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 03:10:19 PM »
Does it normally say  on incoming messages and outgoing messages that it has been scanned? Because I have noticed there is no notification on any of mail going in or out.

To see if avast! is scanning emails, check one of these points:

1) Is the avast icon (the special one of email scanning) be shown in the system tray?

2) Is your email header with the lines X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 0XXX-X, XX/XX/2004), Inbound message and X-Antivirus-Status: Clean? (Right click the message, choose Properties and Details)

3) Are clean notes added at the bottom of the email? (Internet Mail provider settings)
The best things in life are free.

jonzsie

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 09:56:32 PM »
Thank you for that info. I have noticed a little icon in the tool bar when sending and receiving but there is nothing on any of my emails inbound or outbound to say they have been scanned. I am using Mozilla email client and I checked the mail source also...nothing. And nothing saying clean etc.

jonzsie

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 10:24:37 PM »
Sorry about all the fuss...it is scanning all my mail in and out. Found the settings in Avast and when I ticked the box to show whether clean or not it appeared on my emails...so now I know it is all working...great.

I can breathe easily now haha.