Author Topic: virus on google or my computer?  (Read 1824 times)

sepiashimmer

virus on google or my computer?
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
hi, this is my first post in this forum. i've been a loyal avast user for more than 2 years. just a while back i was searching something on google and all of a sudden, the search page of google you know the one below the black bar, tilted and rotated for a fraction of a second and came back to it default state. did some virus on my computer do this or something on google do this? this is happening after recovering from a serious computer problem i've suffered with recently which i'm suspecting was caused by a virus. avast showed a 'floppys' trojan in system drive, every time i restarted. i checked it to be deleted but avast never deleted and it kept showing that error every time my computer started. i use comodo too. how could it have come? effect was similar to the one below

ref: http://www.tossover.com/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:46:27 PM by sepiashimmer »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: virus on google or my computer?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:02:45 PM »
Run a quick scan with this

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
always check for updates before you start a scan
click on the remove selected  button to quarantine anything found

post the scan log here

sepiashimmer

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:22:05 PM »
could be a virus, malwarebytes is becoming unresponsive whenever it tries to update. should i run without updating.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »
could be a virus, malwarebytes is becoming unresponsive whenever it tries to update. should i run without updating.
browse to c:/programfiles/malwarebytes/Chamelon

double click the Camelon file, then click the first "Test now" button....if it works you should see

a black DOS window.....that say, click any key to continue....do that, and mbam should now

* Try to update
* search for and kill known malicious processes
* start quick scan

if the first test button does not work, then continue with next......just read the instructions

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:29:19 PM by Pondus »