Author Topic: Outlook addin  (Read 8370 times)

Offline jewelr

Outlook addin
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
The outlook add-in disappeared again from outlook. I am unable to enable it in the add-ins. Is there any way to get this back other then re-installing the program like I did last time it disappeared?
Outlook 2010
AIS 6.0.1367

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Outlook addin
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 01:08:13 AM »
Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).
If this does not help, then the solution would be uninstall / boot / install / boot again. Sorry.
The best things in life are free.

Offline jewelr

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:17:30 AM »
No, I didn't try the repair yet but last time that didn't work and I had to re-install. There has to be a reason why this is happening. The last time it happened was 2 or 3 months ago. I didn't make any changes before it happened either. just normal use.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:21:05 AM »
jewelr, I'm not an expert on mail issues neither on Outlook 2010 (I use 2007).
Maybe an incompatible add-in? Did you search the forum for this issue?
The best things in life are free.

ady4um

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:23:19 AM »
Go to http://www.avast.com/download-update

Download the update and run it. Then reboot. Then check if the mail settings are active in avast. Check if the add on is available in the list of add ons in Outlook and enable it if necessary.

Solved?

Offline jewelr

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 01:35:32 AM »
jewelr, I'm not an expert on mail issues neither on Outlook 2010 (I use 2007).
Maybe an incompatible add-in? Did you search the forum for this issue?

I don't think so because nothing was installed to cause this issue. It happened out of the blue.

Offline jewelr

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 01:36:07 AM »

Download the update and run it. Then reboot. Then check if the mail settings are active in avast. Check if the add on is available in the list of add ons in Outlook and enable it if necessary.

Solved?

Trying this now...

Offline jewelr

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 01:51:48 AM »

Solved?

Didn't work, said it was already installed.

ady4um

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 02:45:05 AM »
First, reboot.

After applying the full vps, reboot again.

"Turn on" shields and reboot.

Download the setup.exe of avast and run it over your current installation (no uninstall) and reboot. Then update and reboot again.

Solved?

Offline luc48

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 03:25:19 AM »
I have the same problem but here's what I did to resolve it: Open Outlook then click FILE > OPTIONS (in the left margin near the bottom above EXIT) > ADD INS > AVAST ADD-IN (probably listed under Inactive Application Add-ins) > GO. A second later the Spam/Not spam/Blacklist/Whitelist avast ribbon returned. Hope this helps!

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 03:58:27 PM »
I have the same problem but here's what I did to resolve it: Open Outlook then click FILE > OPTIONS (in the left margin near the bottom above EXIT) > ADD INS > AVAST ADD-IN (probably listed under Inactive Application Add-ins) > GO. A second later the Spam/Not spam/Blacklist/Whitelist avast ribbon returned. Hope this helps!

Yes. That has worked for me in the past with Avast going missing in Outlook 2010.
In that version it would be:
Manage: [Disabled items] then hit [Go].