Author Topic: i think there is something wrong with avast if you look closely?  (Read 2849 times)

akama1

hey guys i've got an interesting video for all avast users... there seems to be a removal problem with avast here look carefully and take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYOtgSZxjjg&feature=plcp&context=C3841452UDOEgsToPDskLb6-NvoNxPUHCeX9kmeQDJ

please watch the whole video carefully the web shield at one point aborted connection but the file was still dropped to run...

YoKenny

Re: i think there is something wrong with avast if you look closely?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:16:44 AM »
Another stupid YouTube video  ::)

akama1

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 03:21:36 AM »
oh come on! just watch it...

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:25:16 AM »
oh come on! just watch it...
Waste of time!

true indian

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 03:28:44 AM »
Actually,u are wrong!

sometimes it happens even after aborting the connection the file is dropped and picked up by the file system shield....it mostly happens when the file download is going to be completed and then in the last web shield finds something in the end of the file and aborts the connection...

i have never seen such a case on my own laptop...many a times my sister downloads songs and web shield has blocked many downloads accurately and never even once i have seen a file dropped in my downloads folder even when the web shield aborted the connection.

Honestly,i have never seen such a incident...

I recommend u to contact support if u think this is a bug:
http://support.avast.com/

test avast web shield against eicar test file:
http://www.eicar.org/85-0-Download.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:54:45 AM by true indian »

ilker

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 07:08:30 AM »
The video is not prepared to make avast bad. It was a normal scenario for example you clicked on a link and it started downloading uh oh! in the half of downloading avast web shield detected a malware but it managed to drop itself into pc. I would expect File System Shield should clean up the file but it didn't in the video. So let's say user clicked on the file and you are infected. This happened many times in the video. So i want to ask you why an Uberevangelist say '' Stupid '' instead of trying to find an answer. Only difference was this happened in a Virtual Machine not in my pc. If it is a bug you should say thank you if not, you should say an explanation.

Personally i don't like videos with 10-15 malwares and when antivirus gets poor result they say '' this is bad antivirus! '' They are stupid videos. But this video was not like that. It shows the technical failure. So i don't know how to show this error in other way without being '' stupid ''. It will be good if you help me about this.  :)

I hope this helps avast in the improvent of the software. Thank you all.