Author Topic: Downloading Avast free  (Read 2812 times)

reuven

Downloading Avast free
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:06:51 AM »
When I try to download Avast Free, a page appears asking if you want to upgrade at special prices. At the bottom of page the choice is given to upgrade or have Avast Free. But the button to choose Avast Free does not work. So it is impossible to download Avast Free. What is the solution? I already have Avast on my computer, but it now states - Avast Antivirus:Warning, your system is unsecured. There is a button -Fixit- but nothing happens.What is the solution? Please help

akama1

Re: Downloading Avast free
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »
maybe your free license has expired or you can just open up the avast uninstaller and click on the repair button try to do this in safe mode then restart your computer :) hope it works :)

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:20:16 AM »
When I try to download Avast Free, a page appears asking if you want to upgrade at special prices. At the bottom of page the choice is given to upgrade or have Avast Free. But the button to choose Avast Free does not work. So it is impossible to download Avast Free. What is the solution? I already have Avast on my computer, but it now states - Avast Antivirus:Warning, your system is unsecured. There is a button -Fixit- but nothing happens.What is the solution? Please help

Just go to programs and uninstall avast then click the link below and download avast and reinstall it!!

That's it!!

Some others might chime in about using the avast clean uninstall tool and doing it in safe mode and rebooting 50 million times while holding your hand a certain way on your head and crossing your fingers and counting to 10 BUT need not fret you only need to do this if the above does not work.. ;)   

http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html?tag=rb_content;main

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 04:43:44 AM »
Go to http://www.avast.com/download-update. Download it. Run it. Reboot.

If it is not enough, go to avast shields and "fix it" or "turn on", then reboot again.