Author Topic: Unsecured  (Read 3336 times)

Sweet Angel

Unsecured
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:14:50 AM »
My avast current status is unsecured when i "click fix now" nothing happens, when I try to update it says i has failed, I have tried restarting, going under control panel under remove/fix program, i clicked fix, action failed.  Please Help!!!

ady4um

Re: Unsecured
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:13:17 AM »
After any of those actions, you need to reboot before you test the results.

So try "add/Remove Programs" -> avast -> change -> repair (or the similar equivalent, depending on your specific Windows version). Once the repair finishes, close and reboot.

If that was not enough so to solve the problem, download the latest stable version of avast (the same edition you currently used, Free / Pro / AIS) and install over your current installation (no need to uninstall for now). Once the new installation finishes, reboot and test again.

Please report back.

al michau

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:53:50 AM »
been troubled with the unsecured since early December, some thing stop all of the shields and won't let avast repair itself.  can't scan for a virus, as the end points can't be found.  uninstall does not correct the problem as a re-installation has all unsecured.  earlier, command prompt: "start service" locked it up for two or three hours before i ramrodded it off  restored back to jan 27 to get the machine to calm down.  windows 7 64 bit

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 04:03:22 AM »
been troubled with the unsecured since early December, some thing stop all of the shields and won't let avast repair itself.  can't scan for a virus, as the end points can't be found.  uninstall does not correct the problem as a re-installation has all unsecured.  earlier, command prompt: "start service" locked it up for two or three hours before i ramrodded it off  restored back to jan 27 to get the machine to calm down.  windows 7 64 bit
Try as mentioned above Control Panel> Uninstall Program> double click avast> scroll down and click "repair"> reboot.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

ady4um

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 04:31:50 PM »
@al michau,

1_Uninstall avast.
2_http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (note the Windows Safe Mode detail).
3_Run aswclear several times, for each version / edition of avast ever installed or updated to in your system.
4_Download latest stable version of avast ANEW.
5_Install avast and reboot after the installation finishes.
6_Let avast update itself (do not force it).
7_Wait 10 minutes after the reboot to test if all is working correctly.
8_Report back whichever the result.