Author Topic: No Mail Protection Wizard in Start Menu  (Read 3282 times)

DailyRich

No Mail Protection Wizard in Start Menu
« on: November 29, 2004, 06:17:02 AM »
I've downloaded the latest version and upgraded to the beta, and the Mail Protection Wizard does not appear in my Start menu under the Avast group.  Is there a reason for this?

peterfu

Re:No Mail Protection Wizard in Start Menu
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 07:00:10 AM »
Hi DailyRich,
asssuming Your OS is not Win98 or ME. Avast has now a new mail detection method and You don't need anymore a special mailconfiguration (=Wizzard) - therefore You don't find it. Set up Your mail client as if Avast was not here and everything should work fine.
br
Peter

DailyRich

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 07:08:46 AM »
Okay, so if it works automatically, shouldn't I see some sort of notification at the bottom of my incoming and outgoing e-mails?  I've sent several test messages in both Outlook and Thunderbird and I see nothing to show they're being scanned.

peterfu

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 07:15:08 AM »
You may check the headers of the mails - You should find here following lines (example for Inbound):
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 0448-1, 26.11.2004), Inbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

If You want to have a clean message in the mailbody itself, You have to configure Avast correct:
Check the Provider Settings and activate the "insert note into clean message" - do that for POP, SMTP or IMAP - depending what You use and what You want.
br
Peter
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 07:15:33 AM by peterfu »

DailyRich

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 07:18:36 AM »
Ah, got it -- I didn't see a message and assumed the mails weren't being scanned, but they're showing up as scanned in the Protection Control window, so all is well.

Thanks again for the help!

peterfu

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 07:19:44 AM »
You're welcome
br
Peter

Added : to see messages, activate the "Show detailed Info on perfomed Action" in the advanced tab of the "iInternet Mail" provider
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 07:21:39 AM by peterfu »