Author Topic: Please Help! Lost/stolen rooted Evo 3D with Avast! Mobile Security  (Read 2653 times)

MrJohnGalt09

I have a few questions which were not addressed in the FAQ however I imagine they would be extremely common ones. My Evo 3D has been lost or stolen while switched off, with the latest Avast! Mobile Security build as of January 27th installed with root access.

1) If I send SMS commands while the phone is off, will the commands be received and implemented by Avast if/when the phone is turned on? Or can the commands be successfully received only when the phone is on at the time of sending?

2) I use Google Voice to handle all of my text messaging and had messages to the default Android SMS client on the phone shut off. Is this a problem?

3) I had an unlock pattern set. Will the 'SET LOCKTEXT' command display over the unlock pattern?

Thanks so much to the Avast! team and community for taking the time to answer these questions and I eagerly await any response!

svehlak

Re: Please Help! Lost/stolen rooted Evo 3D with Avast! Mobile Security
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:15:27 PM »
Difficult questions you have;

ad 1/ Generally, if Antitheft is installed and set on, any change of SIM card will lead to possible lock of the device. Sent SMS will be delivered in dependence of the vendor you did use (they are caching the undelivered SMS messages for some time and try to execute them in any possible time the device is logged in BTS); if so, antitheft will receive them and will perform the action.

ad 2/ We experienced some errors with Google Voice service and with custom SMS managers, those are fixed in last update from yesterday :-( But the antiheft is really smart on it, so generally, yes, there is a chance that SMS command will take an effect on the lost device.

ad 3/ No, lock text will only display a message for unauthorized person trying to use the device. It can not show your pattern anyhow.