Author Topic: File Scan Failed  (Read 9025 times)

Multi

File Scan Failed
« on: November 29, 2004, 12:47:44 PM »
Hello Folks,

Can anyone help me. please?

When I did a AV scan with my AVAST BART, I had three items that were labelled: File scan failed - Archive password protected.

Three items:

C:\Docs+settings\Allusers\
E:\ProgFile\NortonCleansweep\
F:\ Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SEPlus\

As far as I am aware, none of these three items are password protected.

If anyone has any ideas about this, I would greatly appreciate any help.

Multi

Multi

Re:File Scan Failed
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 02:11:23 PM »
Hello,

I forgot to mention. No doubt you could say that if they are password protected, then there should be no need to worry.  However, if, as I suspect, they are not passwords protected, then it could be a glitch somewhere. The reason that I am worried is that I may have a problem (accvording to Spybot) I've booted into Windows and run AV and Trojan Hunter on the three items and found nothing.

Thank you

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 02:17:47 PM »
Ad-Aware does 'encrypt' backuped items, but they should be in a folder
\programs files\lavasoft\ad-aware se\backup or somthing simulair.

I don't know for sure, but it could be CleanSweep also does something like that, but I'm 99% sure that not the entire folder the applications are in is protected.

And what exact problem is Spybot reporting? Spybot seems to have some false positives lately.

Multi

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 02:48:55 PM »
Hello Eddy,

I'm really not too sure why but I was more concerned about "current User" because I know that that is not password protected (I suppose that it should be)

Spybot indicated Element, in red ( presumably W321 Elem.Trojan). When I checked, I found that it was not new and that usual AVs should deal with it easily. Trojan Hunter didn't find it and AV didn't find it before and after booting into Windows. It occurred to me that Spybot might be reporting a false positive but there have been a few "strange" things going on lately.