Author Topic: Send mail problem SOLVED  (Read 4752 times)

Giuliano

Send mail problem SOLVED
« on: November 29, 2004, 12:57:05 PM »
System: Win XP, Outlook Express 6, Avast Home Beta (Last edition), McAfee Perosonal Firewall

After last offical update I have had big problems when trying to send mail. I usualy send big mails (10MB) and I like to see progress bar in Outlook. After that update progress bar will just jump to 100% and then I can see what is happening. Also, Outlook will pop-up window with WAIT / STOP request every 2 minutes. Avast completly ingored that I unchecked "scann outbound mail". Even pause didn't work. Only solution was to stop "Avast Internet mail provider" and then send mail.

So, after installing new beta version all problems are solved. GOOD WORK!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Send mail problem SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 01:02:44 PM »
Is always glad to know a problem was solved  8)
Welcome to the happy avast users group  ;D
Are you using the last beta? 4.5.536
The best things in life are free.

misteri90

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 02:28:46 PM »
Is always glad to know a problem was solved  8)
Welcome to the happy avast users group  ;D
Are you using the last beta? 4.5.536

Yeah! It's true!!! I can't belive it! I just try it. It really works out.
Thanks a lot Avast!
 ;D ;D

Giuliano

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 06:14:34 PM »
Yes Technical, I'm using 4.5.536 version but only for 1 day. For now it's working perfect.  ;)

I must say that this is best administrated forum for any software that I ever used. As I can see you replay at almost all posts, so nobody will be forget.
That's greath and I feel more secure when I see something like that, even considering that I use free Avast version.  ::)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 07:34:52 PM »
I must say that this is best administrated forum for any software that I ever used. As I can see you replay at almost all posts, so nobody will be forget.
That's greath and I feel more secure when I see something like that, even considering that I use free Avast version.  ::)

Welcome to the paradise  :D
Anyway, we're users like you. If you can, try to come back and help the others. We achieve this level with some friendship and time  ;)
The best things in life are free.

sia123

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 12:24:16 AM »
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have been using Avast for  quite a while, however from some time ago, I've been having trouble sending mail from my Outlook application (Outlook 2000 SP-3).

After seeing this topic, I checked my version, the current Avast Home version that I have is 4.5.546. So I was wondering how do I get the beta 4.5.536 version that you guys mention here.

The only way I can send emails is if I stop the email provider.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 12:41:06 AM »
Stay with .546 it is the latest version and has all the .536 has + some more fixes. Make sure you have setup the mail correctly.

Setup the mail as if Avast isn't there and check if it is working.
Also make sure it is not your firewall who is blocking things.
And check the settings in avast4.ini under the [mailscanner] section.

sia123

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 01:27:04 AM »
Setup the mail as if Avast isn't there and check if it is working.
Before I posted to this forum, I unistalled Avast, and then deleted my outlook account, I recreated. Everything was fine, could send and receive emails. I then installed latest Avast and again I experienced problems with sending mail. If I 'terminate' the 'Internet Mail' provider then I can send emails. The 'Outlook/Exchange' provider doesn't make a difference if I terminate or not.

Also make sure it is not your firewall who is blocking things.
I disabled the firewall and still couldn't send emails.

And check the settings in avast4.ini under the [mailscanner] section.
my avast4.ini  doesn't have this  [mailscanner] section. Could that be the problem? What should this section have? Also has anyone got mail working with Outlook 2000 (I wonder because I guess most people will have 2002 or 2003)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 01:30:42 AM »
They Internet Mail provider is for Outlook Express, if you only use Outlook, I would say remove the provider.

start > control panel > add/remove > Avast > change

sia123

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 02:35:41 AM »
Thanks Eddy  :)

I wasn't sure that the 'Internet Mail' provider is not used/useful if I only use outlook. I thought that if I terminate it, my emails wouldn't be scanned.  I permanently terminated the Internet Mail provider, so now it's all fine.

Thanks again!