Author Topic: Commoninstaller.exe  (Read 2145 times)

Nightgown

Commoninstaller.exe
« on: February 05, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
Hello,

I am just wondering what this is, Avast! detected it after a recent definitions update and described it as "Win32:trojan-gen". I am just wondering what this file is and how it got onto my system (if possible) :)

Thank-you, Nightgown :)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Commoninstaller.exe
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 02:15:40 PM »
Google the name and check......

Upload to virustotal.com and check...

Nightgown

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
Where do I find the file, I moved it to the avast! chest, can anyone help me with that? :P

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »
first do a manual update of avast, then right click the file in chest and rescan....still detected ?
if not, restore to orginal location

if detected
Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive. Now exclude that folder in the File System Shield, Expert Settings, Exclusions, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\*
That will stop the File System Shield scanning any file you put in that folder.

now right click the file in chest and restore it to that folder.....and upload to VT from that

when you have the scan result, copy the URL in the address bar and post it here for us to see...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 05:58:40 PM »
Where do I find the file, I moved it to the avast! chest, can anyone help me with that? :P

Please update your VPS and rescan.
There were some FPs today.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0