Author Topic: avast 4.5.546 is a Reality!  (Read 31507 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:avast 4.5.546 is a Reality!
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2004, 01:21:42 AM »
Sasha, just a suggestion, the ANNOUNCEMENTS thread must be, in my opinion, just for the Moderators of the avast Home/Pro board.
Otherwise, we will start posting announcements of every program in the world  ;D
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2004, 01:30:49 AM »
Whatever you guys think it's the best... everything sounds good, although I was thinking it would be great to see that thread as soon as you enter avast! forums... let's say if some new user saw forums link on avast! web site, he clicked forums link, and baaaam... information of the very latest build is in front of him...

Whatever you guys think is the best, it would be great... but, we have to have that thread...

Cheers !

techie101

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2004, 03:07:02 AM »
The idea certainly has merit if limitations are set.

Since it might contain various "new" information, some kind of sorting has to be in place so one knows exactly where to find information.

Too much information will bury older information.

I suggest that the Topic area have a sub header when new stuff is added like this:

New Announcement:  Avast build 606 released (can't wait.. ;D)

New Announcement:  Avast new skins

IN other words, the title of the information will be reflected after the Topic header.

Make sense???

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2004, 03:16:32 AM »
Perfect, exactly what I had in my mind, but I though it would be too much to ask for the start... this is exactly what I wanted... someone else with this idea.  ;)

We just need Alwil to give us their opinion on this one.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2004, 03:23:55 AM »
Actually, we need some one from Alwil to start it. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2004, 03:42:47 AM »
Yes, I'm well aware of that...

PAVEL !!!

KBçaDBagre

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2004, 04:50:42 AM »
After update to version 4.5.546 Avast show "usiGetSkin" error and stop.
Before update its work great! Iam using Avast home portuguese language.
Please help! ???

#####

All back work great now! See below:

Select START -> RUN...
Enter the following command:
If you have Windows NT or 2000:
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE ACTSKIN4.OCX
If you have Windows 95, 98 or ME:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\REGSVR32.EXE ACTSKIN4.OCX
If you have Windows XP:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE ACTSKIN4.OCX
Press OK (or Enter).
A message saying that the file was successfully registered should appear..
Good job Technical  
registering ACTSKIN4.OCX fixed it  
many thanx pal
 ;D :) :D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 05:01:08 AM by KBçaDBagre »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2004, 12:08:47 PM »
Yes, I'm well aware of that...

PAVEL !!!

I believe Pavel is Deaf and I don't think he heard you ;D SZC
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2004, 12:24:35 PM »
.546 a reality? Very strange, yesterday I had 456, this morning I woke up and saw avast.setup asking for permission to access the net. Hmm, I thought, another update? I checked, but no. Last night a setup check had put 542 back !! Now I am again on 546.

What the heck is going on? "Screwup" by Alwil?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2004, 12:36:10 PM »
1. About the announcement board.
   a. you are posting off topic!
   b. posts like HALLOOO PAVEL may sound funny to you but they really are of NO USE.
   c. it's actually not a bad idea but it's definitely not something you can't live without. That is, it may be implemented but not immediately. The forum will be moved to another system and this will probably be a good opportunity to add this feature.

2. Eddy's update
What's in your servers.def?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2004, 01:12:32 PM »
Here is my servers.def

http://members.home.nl/edeijl/servers.def

edit: I don't know if it has to do with it, but I updated manually when 546 came out.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 02:34:11 PM by Eddy »

Lito

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2004, 01:28:27 PM »
Hello, hello. I updated to v4.5.546 and now I can scan my outgoing email again  ;D ;D ;D

Thank you Alwil Team 8)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2004, 02:42:39 PM »
1. About the announcement board.
   a. you are posting off topic!
   b. posts like HALLOOO PAVEL may sound funny to you but they really are of NO USE.
   c. it's actually not a bad idea but it's definitely not something you can't live without. That is, it may be implemented but not immediately. The forum will be moved to another system and this will probably be a good opportunity to add this feature.

2. Eddy's update
What's in your servers.def?

a) Off topic ? Ok, erase them all... I don't need them. I don't count my posts anyway...

b) HALLOOO PAVEL ? Where did I post anything like that ? Previous reply with picture ? What's wrong with that ? Gee... if I insulted anyone with that innocent little reply, I APPOLOGIZE. Again, I have no problems appologizing... as you can see... I wasn't the one that said Pavel is deaf. Pavel always listened everything I or anyone else said in these forums. I didn't want to insult anyone, and that's for sure, you know that we like to make small jokes just to keep good atmosphere in these forums. I didn't say he is deaf, I would never ever say that. That was someone else's remark who replied to my post after me...

c) good or bad idea, it's not a question... we all saw numerous posts accross the whole forum regarding new updates. It was like confussion, especially for new users... it looks like we can not recommend anything any more, seems like nothing is so important, so that's why I'm not going out with my "stupid"  ::)  ideas anymore...

Btw, that Announcements thread is already there, so I don't really see what's the big deal...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 05:33:04 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Tipton

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2004, 05:24:32 AM »
.546 a reality? Very strange, yesterday I had 456, this morning I woke up and saw avast.setup asking for permission to access the net. Hmm, I thought, another update? I checked, but no. Last night a setup check had put 542 back !! Now I am again on 546.

What the heck is going on? "Screwup" by Alwil?

Was anything ever figured out on this?  I too manually updated to version 4.5.546. After the re-boot, Zone alarm alerted me that avast.setup wanted to access the net. Naturally I was expecting this since it was a new build, and I set it up in zone alarm so it didn't have to ask each time.. Hours later, I walk into my office, and zone alarm is once again alerting me to avast.setup wanting to connect. I look in the program log, and avast.setup now has question marks all the way across in zone alarm. So it updated itself to a new version again, or something.  Any ideas?

Tipton

CoJo

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2004, 02:52:53 PM »
Interesting, Tipton...
The same thing happened with me so that might be part of the problem I am having with my internet mail provider not starting unless I do it manually. And I also had set ZA...
Darn, I just checked and had to reset Avast in ZA
cojo