Author Topic: System check - XP Pro  (Read 17282 times)

iroc9555

Re: System check - XP Pro
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »
I haven't posted logs or contacted Essexboy as whilst I was waiting for response from the forum I ran CCleaner and discovered that the Start program was in name only. Hopefully it is now all resolved, thanks.

OK. Glad the system check files are gone now, but you mentioned still two Win32Fake Alert BYN Trojans that were not related to any fake alerts Avast! was throwing yesterday about valid programs. What about them ?

konfoozed

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
iroc9555 and true indian

Just to say that everything seems to be running sweetly....again fingers crossed. On that basis I think it is unfair for me to trouble Essexboy when his http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0 clearly states "If you are having problems still after MBAM has run then create a new topic in the Virus and Worms Forum, stating the problems you are experiencing with the  computer and the OTL log.." If I am wrong in my surmise please let me know.

konfoozed

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »
I haven't posted logs or contacted Essexboy as whilst I was waiting for response from the forum I ran CCleaner and discovered that the Start program was in name only. Hopefully it is now all resolved, thanks.

OK. Glad the system check files are gone now, but you mentioned still two Win32Fake Alert BYN Trojans that were not related to any fake alerts Avast! was throwing yesterday about valid programs. What about them ?

I submitted them to Avast.

true indian

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »
Hi sorry for the reply delay...essexboy is our resident malware removal expert....just follow the guides and attach the logs...he will help u out in checking for remanents. :)

If u want i will notify him for u,what say?  ;)

Regards from sunny India.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:35:58 PM by true indian »

true indian

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »
Yes....pure sarcasm...no help.
OK....i will keep my fingers away then
I feel delicate to post this but please do not take it in wrong spirit:

That is not too helpful pondus :(.....remember we should work as a team ;)

After all we all are malware fighters...i hope u understand and co-operate. :)

"United We Stand Divided We Fall."

We are providing help on our own decision we are not obliging anybody by doing so and such behaviour is not expected from u evangelists....

NO OFFENCE!

Thats all i want to say.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:03:37 PM by true indian »

konfoozed

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
Hi sorry for the reply delay...essexboy is our resident malware removal expert....just follow the guides and attach the logs...he will help u out in checking for remanents. :)
If u want i will notify him for u,what say?  ;)

Thank you. If you really think I should send the logs even though things seem fine then I will do so. What I don't want to do is waste his time.

true indian

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
Essexboy notified...

Once u attach the log and he confirms u are clean U are back on the track....I hope u understand that we trying to ensure u are clean....

true indian

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »
Essexboy will arrive by night...so u may log off for now and check back at night. ;)

konfoozed

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 01:00:02 PM »
Essexboy notified...

Once u attach the log and he confirms u are clean U are back on the track....I hope u understand that we trying to ensure u are clean....
Thank you very much....I do appreciate your help. I will now go through the process of sending the logs. Just hope my limited experience won't be an obstacle!

true indian

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 01:04:29 PM »
Essexboy notified...

Thank you very much....I do appreciate your help. I will now go through the process of sending the logs. Just hope my limited experience won't be an obstacle!

Your Welcome!
just keep calm and stay cool!  8)

konfoozed

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 01:28:12 PM »
Essexboy notified...

Your Welcome!
just keep calm and stay cool!  8)

true indian

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »
 :) ;)

konfoozed

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 01:54:48 PM »
Found a problem already regarding posting the logs. The instructions call for a Restore Point to be created after downloading OTL and doing the pasting in the Custom Scan box.
With a dual boot system (which I have) System Restore doesn't function fully. You can create a restore point but if you shut down, you lose it. Whether you can create a restore point and go back to it if you don't shut down I just don't know. Guess I'll have to await Essexboy's advice on this before I proceed.
Meantime, for what it is worth on its own, here is the MBAM log:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.02.07.01

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
Ken :: NSYSKB101207 [administrator]

07/02/2012 10:25:51
mbam-log-2012-02-07 (10-25-51).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 172877
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 43 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

true indian

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »
Essexboy will answer your problems once he comes online.

konfoozed

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 02:12:23 PM »
Essexboy will answer your problems once he comes online.

Thanks again.