Author Topic: iframe tags  (Read 3158 times)

aryeh_z

iframe tags
« on: November 30, 2004, 10:06:20 AM »
There is supposedly still iframe tag vulnerability even after XP SP2. Does anyone know how serious this really is? Is there an easy way to check if the iframe tag is really hostile? Also, is there any simple way to remove the tag if I am copying and emailing a Web page to someone? I need to do this a lot and do not have the time to "physically" remove all the tags.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:iframe tags
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 12:59:38 PM »
There is supposedly still iframe tag vulnerability even after XP SP2. Does anyone know how serious this really is? Is there an easy way to check if the iframe tag is really hostile? Also, is there any simple way to remove the tag if I am copying and emailing a Web page to someone? I need to do this a lot and do not have the time to "physically" remove all the tags.

Welcome to forums...
I don't know that much about iframes but I can only say that professional versions of firewalls (like Outpost and ZoneAlarm) will block them. Also, avast blocks iframes too.
I don't know how to 'remove' them while emailing a webpage.  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 03:23:42 PM »
Also, is there any simple way to remove the tag if I am copying and emailing a Web page to someone?
Send it as text instead of html

aryeh_z

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 09:11:39 AM »
Thanks for the advise. At first I did not accept it because I often need to send the graphics of a page as well but then I though again and realized that only about 10% have this problem and most of them I don't need to send the graphics. So thank you again. The obvious is often the correct.