Author Topic: How to block SMS that dont show numbers  (Read 7894 times)

TusharG

How to block SMS that dont show numbers
« on: February 08, 2012, 09:13:24 AM »
How do I block/Filter SMS that do not display me any number? I am from India and I receive lot of SMS that do not display any number instead they show text like "TD041091" or "DM040070" or "DM080013". The provided filter/block field in Avast do not accept text but accepts only numbers. Can I Block/Filter SMS from my SMS history/log?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: How to block SMS that dont show numbers
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
Hi,

did you try the "all hidden numbers" and "all unknown numbers" options?

Filip

TusharG

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »
No I have not tried that option but let me try it and post back the result again in couple of days. Thanks for your help.

TusharG

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »
@Filip Havlicek Tnaks for you suggestion. It worked. It blocked all the SMS that had "hidden numbers" and "unknown numbers". However it also blocked couple of genuine SMS. Example: The ISP's monthly bill SMS, BANK alert SMS. I have couple of Bank SMS in inbox, using those I stored their numbers in contacts so that they will not be treated under "unknown numbers". However now, how do I unblock ISP's SMS? In the log I see his SMS but don't know how to move it to Inbox? so that I can put his details in contacts.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
Hi,

I'm afraid that's currently not possible. You will have to remove the hidden/unknown numbers from the group and wait for your ISP to send you a message.

Filip