Author Topic: [7.0.1407] Cloud status very confusing  (Read 3505 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
[7.0.1407] Cloud status very confusing
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:18:17 PM »
I suggest usage of same checkmarks as on the "Current Status" page. The big green "ENABLED" texts are very confusing, especially since NOTHING says anything about not being connected when you, well, when you aren't connected. You have to go to Maintenance to see the real status which i think is just ridiculous. Cloud Services page should clearly state what's enabled and what isn't and clearly say when you are connected and when you aren't.
Because now at this very moment, the page looks nice because of the nice graphics, but is rather useless in terms of ease of understanding.
Especially the "Connection established" should not just wanish when you aren't connected to the cloud. It should be grey or red and say "Connection not established".

Or even better "Cloud Status: Connected" and "Cloud Status: Disconnected". This would very clearly describe the status of the cloud.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

freddief

Re: [7.0.1407] Cloud status very confusing
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 09:28:39 PM »
I agree with this.

I thought all was well when I saw the beautiful "Enabled" graphic, only to realise later that my connection does not work for some reason
(see separate thread http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93909.0)

I still have "Connection Not Established" in my Maintenance status. What is the solution?