Author Topic: avast! 7 public beta  (Read 306328 times)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: New bugs to report
« Reply #360 on: February 14, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »

3. Some web pages do not display properly with Web Rep plug-in activated in IE9. With the Web Rep disabled, the pages display properly.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP-1 fully patched. IE9.

Hello,
can you give me some examples of that pages? Is it 32bit IE9 ?

Thanks,
Ivan.
Hi Ivan, iv not had any issues with pages displaying wrongly but i did notice that webrep seriously slows down browsing, i'd actually thought it was just the usual slowness of the avast forum but when i tried it with webrep disabled everything was fast again.
I played around a bit with closing the browser, uninstalling webrep and rebooting then browsing again and all good but as soon as webrep is reinstalled and activated it's back to very sluggish performance again followed by myself disabling it again and browser is back to normal fast speed again.

I hope this can be improved on in future build's  :(

Hi,
browsing performance should befixed in next build..
Thanks Ivan

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: avast! 7 public beta
« Reply #361 on: February 14, 2012, 04:26:36 PM »
Why doesn't WebRep look the same as new avast! 7 interface? It looks the same as avast! 6 interface...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Hannu

« Reply #362 on: February 14, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »
Why doesn't WebRep look the same as new avast! 7 interface? It looks the same as avast! 6 interface...

webrep icon is ugly, too! Why not place on the addressbar, for example
It's stupid that there is only one icon on the bar, and nothing else. Please think again and place icon somewhere else, so it does not leave so much unused empty space on the right side!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:09:59 PM by Hannu »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #363 on: February 14, 2012, 05:13:01 PM »

webrep icon is ugly, too! Why not place on the addressbar, for example
It's stupid that there is only one icon on the bar, and nothing else. Please think again and place icon somewhere else, so it does not leave so much unused empty space on the right side!
Your obviously refering to webrep in IE, This has been discussed many times before and it's windows restrictions as to why it has to be like that.

ianb

« Reply #364 on: February 14, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned already.

Avast Internet Security Suite 7.0.1396
Windows 7 64 Bit

Sandboxie will not work with Avast 7 installed.  Browsers open then crash.

I saw another report of this at Wilders.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #365 on: February 14, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »
browsing performance should befixed in next build..
Only sandboxed or any browsing? Were there known issues with Web Shield that were addressed in future betas?
The best things in life are free.

cadremis

« Reply #366 on: February 14, 2012, 08:23:19 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned already.

Avast Internet Security Suite 7.0.1396
Windows 7 64 Bit

Sandboxie will not work with Avast 7 installed.  Browsers open then crash.

I saw another report of this at Wilders.

Sandboxie 3.64 is working well here in Firefox, IE and Google Chrome, there was a problem when it was released but it was corrected, I downloaded Sandboxie 3.64 form the Sandboxie official page...rm

ianb

« Reply #367 on: February 14, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »
Sandboxie 3.64 is working well here in Firefox, IE and Google Chrome, there was a problem when it was released but it was corrected, I downloaded Sandboxie 3.64 form the Sandboxie official page...rm

Thanks, updated Sandboxie and all is well.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:51:50 PM by ianb »

selen

« Reply #368 on: February 14, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
Hi, I have avast 6.0.1637 on my computer. The program doesn't show me the red notice " Update program" and if I try to update the program version manually avast says that is already updated.  It says that the last program version in 6.0.1367. Why doesn't avast update to version 7?

spg SCOTT

« Reply #369 on: February 14, 2012, 08:59:23 PM »
Hi, I have avast 6.0.1637 on my computer. The program doesn't show me the red notice " Update program" and if I try to update the program version manually avast says that is already updated.  It says that the last program version in 6.0.1367. Why doesn't avast update to version 7?
That is because this is a Beta version. You cannot update from the Public release to the beta version via the in-program updater.

You have to Opt - in which is done via downloading the beta installer and installing it.

selen

« Reply #370 on: February 14, 2012, 09:04:53 PM »
That is because this is a Beta version. You cannot update from the Public release to the beta version via the in-program updater.

You have to Opt - in which is done via downloading the beta installer and installing it.

Thanks a lot! Is there any problem if I want to wait for the public release of version 7 via the in- program updater? Avast usually shows me a red notice about the avaliability of a new program update, this time will happend the same thing? Is my computer still protected whit version 6.0.1367?

spywar

« Reply #371 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24:58 PM »
Hi,

Vlk said that the Filrep will be active in tha half of this week. So does the Filerep will be active tomorrow ?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2012, 09:28:47 PM »
Hi,

Vlk said that the Filrep will be active in tha half of this week. So does the Filerep will be active tomorrow ?
Who knows, depends on if they think it's ready yet so you'll have to wait and see.

selen

« Reply #373 on: February 14, 2012, 09:35:19 PM »

Yes you are protected and avast will let you know when the new version is released, two or three weeks where hoping, best to keep checking the avast UI.

Thanks a lot! Is there any problem if I want to wait for the public release of version 7 via the in- program updater? Avast usually shows me a red notice about the avaliability of a new program update, this time will happend the same thing? Is my computer still protected whit version 6.0.1367?

thanks for your explanation, all is clear now! :D

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #374 on: February 14, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »

Yes you are protected and avast will let you know when the new version is released, two or three weeks where hoping, best to keep checking the avast UI.

thanks for your explanation, all is clear now! :D
Your welcome  :)