Author Topic: avast! 7 public beta  (Read 305328 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: avast! 7 public beta
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 08:01:11 PM »
On 2 systems, i could update pre-beta through built in updater. On my 3rd system, it crapped out on its own with the "file cannot be found" error. So i had to use aswClear.exe for v6, CCleaner, removed drivers on my own, erase all files in all folders and use good old JV16 PowerTools to scan for all the registry remains by hand. A 5 minute task for me but we really need to have aswClear that is designed for version 7. Most ppl will panic when uninstaller craps out and new installer refuses to run as well...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Mayflower

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 08:01:52 PM »
Installed…

I think I’m going to like this new version.  :)

NateKoepke

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 08:04:06 PM »
Just in case if you have not known, before the Avast 7 beta, I had reported an issue with avast's rootkit protection code in aswSP.sys causing DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS blue screens when avast is installed on a computer with programs such as Citrix's ZenApp Offline and Online clients, Trustware's BufferZone (in case if anyone wants browser sandboxing as avast! free only does sandboxing for malicious applications), and Jetico's BestCrypt (file encryption software). The bottom line is that avast! seems to be deeming drivers that hook into the kernel in a certain way as rootkits and unloads the drivers, creating a false positive. Therefore, during the testing period for avast 7, a rootkit protection improvement or revamping may be needed.

dagrev

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »
Also experiencing very slow quick scan.  Been running 28 minutes and at 45% finished.  Normally a full quick scan is finished in about 30 or less (once the first one is run).  I have even backed off the sensitivity to normal and I usually have it set to high.  All else is the same.  Only scanning at 8 MB per second.  Normally it's around 25-34 MBPS.

Slow I guess is good if it's going to be for better protection.

Cloud Services: "Connection not established" has show up.  It was established, so I don't know if that is a separate issue or the cause of the slow scan.  Possibly it does not need to be established all the time?

Everything else seems to be OK at this point.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:44:35 PM by dagrev »

topstuff

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 08:48:10 PM »
Is it true 64 bit yet? As in the services aren't running with *32 under 64 bit windows?
That, keep it lean on resources and allow us to turn-off any crapware errrr sandbox/community/ads/etc
would be my wishes for this version.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 09:18:24 PM »
Having an issue with MS Outlook v2003 and the Avast v7b add-in asOutExe.dll
I'm not sure if this add-in is for the Spam or Virus scanning of my emails... or what??
Anyone got any idea why the error message. :-\
Wasn't and issue with v6
OS and Outlook fully updated.
Screen shot
Thanks. :)

Cloud7

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »
Is it true 64 bit yet? As in the services aren't running with *32 under 64 bit windows?
That, keep it lean on resources and allow us to turn-off any crapware errrr sandbox/community/ads/etc
would be my wishes for this version.
The sandbox isn't "crapware", it is a very useful security feature. The community features can be turned off through the settings window (I am guessing you never bothered to look in v6/7). The Community IQ is actually pretty useful too.

To remove the unintrusive (completely harmless) ad in Avast, upgrade to Pro/IS or uninstall the product.

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 09:32:08 PM »
Installed without problems...
I like the new installer and the new GUI !!
Anyone knows if the remote assistance will be free (I think yes if it's included in the free beta version..)?
I want to test this new features immediatly!!  ;)
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

spywar

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »
HI,
Installed without problems
but does avast send suspicious files to analysis in the cloud ? Or the cloud is just for the webrep.
If someone can tell me, thanks.

Arizona

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »
Need to read first post about outlook by avast team.

Dch48

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 09:42:33 PM »
Now that's a question. Does the cloud feature depend on webrep being activated? I don't use the WebRep feature and really don't want to have to.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2012, 09:44:53 PM »
Need to read first post about outlook by avast team.

Ah..... missed that.  ???
Being a known issue, will wait and watch for fix.
Thanks. ;)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »
Now that's a question. Does the cloud feature depend on webrep being activated? I don't use the WebRep feature and really don't want to have to.

No. WebRep is only for web pages rating and phising webpage detection. Other cloud features are completely separated.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »
All fine here. Thanks :)
printed on 100% recycled bytes

The_ChamP

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2012, 09:54:05 PM »
In cloud services its showing connection not established
On windows 7 x64 ultimate
and i didnt install remote assistance feature but it is showing in the additional protection tab and when i click on it it gives error - Librara aswara.dll cannot be loaded.this functionality will be disabled