Author Topic: avast! 7 public beta  (Read 305315 times)

Onix

Re: avast! 7 public beta
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
Works like a charm on my system :)
I have 2 questions:

1) Will WebRep plugin available for Opera in avast! 7? I see Opera in the Browser Protection tab, i can check an option for Opera to be sandboxed, would be great to have WebRep too.

2) Is there any possibility to add Opera Next in the list of protected browsers? Don't know about Firefox Nightly builds,are they supported?

philip brampton

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
The counter in the email shield doesn't work in version 7.It didn't work in version 6 either.
In fact jt hasn't worked for months.
Regards

ronald739

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »
I cannot register or update avast.
none of the module have started.

the error messages are

failed to update the avast service is not running.
The AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error.

I have uninstalled and downloaded 3 times.
It is Avast7 public beta with use as secondary protection or compatible mode.

true indian

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
Bug Reporting:The help file is of version 6 and not of 7.

I have made a install over version 6.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2012, 09:55:42 AM »
1) Will WebRep plugin available for Opera in avast! 7? I see Opera in the Browser Protection tab, i can check an option for Opera to be sandboxed, would be great to have WebRep too.
No, Opera WebRep plugin isn't ready yet. Maybe it'll be available in next 6 months. Not sure if Safari plugin is already installed in this beta, but it should be in final v7.

2) Is there any possibility to add Opera Next in the list of protected browsers? Don't know about Firefox Nightly builds,are they supported?
These two browsers have a stand-alone installation, so it could be possible to support them.

true indian

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2012, 10:00:22 AM »
I rebooted my pc today a couple of times...i notice that the cloud doesnt recognize when i get connect to the internet through my dial up...it takes 15 to 20 minutes to get the connection established...whts wrong there?

suggestion:

Why not add a big old "establish now" button in there.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:04:44 AM by true indian »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2012, 10:04:21 AM »
True indian, could you please stop bloating this thread by posting the status of your connection status every 30 minutes?
If you feel the need to keep telling the world about the status of your connection, feel free to start a new thread (preferably in the Beta section of the forum).

Yes, point taken. We know that the UI refreshes the connection status somehow incorrectly (the connection is being established correctly though) and we're looking into it.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Onix

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »
These two browsers have a stand-alone installation, so it could be possible to support them.

Ok, thanks for your answers! As for now, my Opera Next installation isn't recognized by the Browser Protection tab, but that's ok with stable Opera.
Hope you'll add Opera Next support in the next build. :)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
Vlk, it would be smart to purge the BETA section on every new beta test (it's now full of outdated stuff from v5 and v6 that has no meaning anymore).
Just for the sake of reporting and reading that section easier. Either deleting old stuff or just moving all of it in the new "Older beta tests" subsection.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

akama1

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2012, 10:15:34 AM »
ohh come on you guys don't expect avast to be connected to cloud all the time because first this is just a beta and 2nd this is avast's first time going on cloud so probably the servers are a bit groggy but ginal version should fix all these problems... screw my sluggish internet... so long download about an hour... avast installer 72mb... bummer so big... i am willing to do a prevention test with avast 7 beta right after i get this version running on my host machine first :) i hope the behaviour shield gets improved

kariuro

« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
Hello!

Can some one tell me how this beta should work with screen readers?

Thank's

crofty59

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »
Uninstalled pre beta.
Installed Public Beta 7.01396.0 Free
It working great so far.

Had i strange thing occur after reboot Time had changed to 1/Jan/2005 12.00am.
I had uninstalled and reinstalled not connected to the internet, don't if this had any bearing or not .
Have now rebooted several times all okay.

Cheers

true indian

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »
Has anybody seen a virus database update message from their avast 7 beta yet?

as i really dont know if avast is automatically doing updates or not....On the update tab it tells me a update attempt was made yesterday...i have tried a manual update but it does complete....it doesnt even say if virus database is up to date or not it just shows the time taken for the check for updates....The lat update attempt counter is dead...i doubt avast is checking for update automatically.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2012, 10:47:04 AM »

Yes, the updates work fine here.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

crofty59

« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »

as i really dont know if avast is automatically doing updates or not....On the update tab it tells me a update attempt was made yesterday...i have tried a manual update but it does complete....it doesnt even say if virus database is up to date or not it just shows the time taken for the check for updates....The lat update attempt counter is dead...i doubt avast is checking for update automatically.

I had a update notification after i rebooted after installation.

Cheers