Author Topic: avast! 7 public beta  (Read 305360 times)

akama1

Re: avast! 7 public beta
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2012, 08:33:38 AM »
in that test u were talking about ever heard that avast 7 stores nearly half of threat definitions in cloud? -.- if u go to my channel i was doing a prevention test against 15 links.... somehow avast only missed 2... probably because the cloud was on...

true indian

« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2012, 08:35:51 AM »
in that test u were talking about ever heard that avast 7 stores nearly half of threat definitions in cloud? -.- if u go to my channel i was doing a prevention test against 15 links.... somehow avast only missed 2... probably because the cloud was on...

The avast cloud works differently...

see here:
http://www.avast.com/pr-avast-software-streaming-updates-for-all-with-the-newa-avast-7

happysurf

« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2012, 09:20:35 AM »
What is the memory usage of Avast 7 compared to the previous 6?

true indian

« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2012, 09:31:06 AM »
on my Win 7 it is takin 10 MB right now....i have 3 chrome windows open...so the usage will fall when it is idle.

Offline hectic-mmv

« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2012, 11:22:50 AM »
Hello dear friends of the development team of Avast Antivirus.

First of all I would like to congratulate you for this new version (beta yet) of Avast. The fact is that you never cease to surprise us all!

Anyway, I decided to try this version and I downloaded the BETA version of Avast Internet Security. During the installation process, I selected the installation type "compatible" because I wanted to install it in parallel with the previously installed antivirus I had on this machine, in my case, Kaspersky.

The fact is that during installation process, Kaspersky showed me a threat alert telling me that he had detected a "generic worm."

The alert read:

PDM.Worm.P2p.generic
Process: c: \ USERS \ ---------- \ APPDATA \ LOCAL \ TEMP \ ~ A05208 AV_SFX.TM \ AVAST.SETUP

I select the "Add to KAV exclusion list" and the installation process continued until the end without any errors.

I know this is a beta and beta versions usually have a lot of mistakes to correct and that is why I have reported this alert so that you can correct it before the official launch of the final version.

Once more time, congratulations and good luck with the final version. :)

My OS is Win 7 Home Premium, 64 Bits.

Best Regards
Populous

Hi Populous,

2nd line of defense mode is still under the development. Now we do not recommend to use it. If you would like to try beta, uninstall the previous antivirus first.

thanks,

osants911

« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »

I'll install it on my main computer (the one on sig) tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Hi avast! team,

I've just clean installed the beta on my primary machine and it is working as it should!  ;)
No issues so far.

akama1

« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »
what does the 2nd line of defense mode do btw??? ooook i'll take a look at how the cloud works in avast honestly its confusing me :/

akama1

« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
ive read the website from true indian still dont get what it means.... :/ can anyone explain pls :D

Offline Populous

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2012, 12:48:14 PM »

Hi Populous,
2nd line of defense mode is still under the development. Now we do not recommend to use it. If you would like to try beta, uninstall the previous antivirus first.
thanks,

Hi hectic-mmv!

Ok, but please do not overlook this feature becouse it would be great to work with avast and other security software on the same machine ... Another thing I noticed was that there was very slow when surfing the internet with firefox 10 / Win7HP/X64. I read in another post that has something involving with the webrep plugin... For everything else, my congratulations! :)

Thank you very much for your answer and keep it up, improving day by day.
Avast Premium Security 20.2.2401 (compilación 20.2.5130.565) |CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 4,06GHz, 6 procesadores principales, 12 procesadores lógicos | RAM: 32GB -DDR4-2666 | T.Gráfica: GeForce GTX 1060 | SO: Win 10 Pro Versión 1909 Build (18363.752) - 64 Bits

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
I'm about to try Avast 7 Beta and my question is if you have a new uninstaller for Avast 7?  Just in case we have troubles with this version?

The aswclear.exe currently doesn't have a specific avast7 element. When I had a problem with the pre-public beta I had to run it for avast6 twice before reinstalling it.

These are the joys of beta testing, you have to have a recovery strategy if the worst happens. I have hard disk imaging software and do a weekly backup; it is advisable to run a fresh one before installing a beta. So had the aswclear not worked that was the next resort.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »
I'm still facing Outlook 2007 issues with avast plugin.
Yesterday, some Word 2007 strange freezing/crashing.
Longer (significantly) logon time.

Can I help troubleshooting these?
The best things in life are free.

kinfolk66

New bugs to report
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »
I have several new bugs to report.

1. Right clicking in the add URL window for exclusions to Web Shield or Script Shield does not produce a context menu. URLs can be added manually but not by copy and paste.

2. There is a problem with adding a program to the exclusion list for Behavior Shield. A program can be added OK but once I leave the settings and then re-enter the settings, the program that was added no longer appears.

3. Some web pages do not display properly with Web Rep plug-in activated in IE9. With the Web Rep disabled, the pages display properly.

This is going to be a great release and the addition of streaming updates is most welcomed. Great job Avast Team!!!

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP-1 fully patched. IE9.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
so if i am offline and i keep my virus defs up to date will i be protected from the threats that the cloud detects?
Yes, you will as the same as before.

deyani

« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »
I must test this and i hope it's going to be better not worst, like some other antivirus!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »
I must test this and i hope it's going to be better not worst, like some other antivirus!
Worse? Other antivirus will give you 2-3 updates a day. You can have 20 or more with streaming updates.