Author Topic: avast! 7 public beta  (Read 306296 times)

Hermite15

Re: avast! 7 public beta
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2012, 10:52:05 PM »
[suspicious]Sandboxing browser won't be never in free version?[/suspicious]

there's no such thing like a sandboxed browser in Avast , but a feature in AIS allowing to sandbox any application . Well look, if you expect this to become free, then why not the Firewall, and why not in the end make the complete suite entirely free  ;D and how do you expect Avast to financially support the free version after that, with more ads ? ;D

ps: no sandboxed browser with a very particular exception called "Safe Zone", which actually runs in a special way (when compared to "normal" sandboxing), as it doesn't just prohibit potential malware from invading your system, but it mainly prevents your own system from interfering when you browse with it.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2012, 10:54:53 PM »
OMG I don't want sandbox, firewall or any stuff like that in free version. Just I though that browser sandboxing (the new avast! feature which is that tickbox under every browser webrep) will be in free version too.....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:57:55 PM by danny96 »
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Hermite15

« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2012, 10:57:31 PM »
OMG I don't want sandbox, firewall or any stuff like that in free version. Just I though that browser protection will be in free version too.....

so that's webrep ;D browser protection is webrep ... and it is available in the free version, like it's always been. It's just adding a phishing filter now, but it's still free ;)

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »
But in Pro and Internet security is special tickbox Sandboxing browser which I though will be a part of autosandbox or something like that ;)
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Hermite15

« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
But in Pro and Internet security is special tickbox Sandboxing browser which I though will be a part of autosandbox or something like that ;)

so you are talking about sandboxing... well there's nothing changed there, auto-sandbox is free (which is pretty cool), while manual sandboxing is not and won't ever be.

edit: oh wait I see what you mean, they added the ability to sandbox browsers from the web rep page... okay, so obviously that goes with the full non-free sandboxing module. ... that's just a convenience for pro and AIS versions.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:05:51 PM by logos »

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »
edit: oh wait I see what you mean, they added the ability to sandbox browsers from the web rep page... okay, so obviously that goes with the full non-free sandboxing module. ... that's just a convenience for pro and AIS versions.
Exact this is what I mean!  ;D ok thanks

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2012, 11:12:12 PM »
All's well here. Cloud service is working fine here.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

dagrev

« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2012, 11:13:19 PM »
Bug report- Rebooted and avast was present but shields, etc not on.  FIX button would not fix.  Nothing would start services.  Repaired and this did not fix it.  Reinstalled and had the same problem. 

Rolled back to before beta and all is working.  Will try beta again in a while.

Alievitan

« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2012, 11:18:05 PM »
So in the paid version, there is a new sandbox feature specifically for for web browsers? I was wondering b/c I was looking at the "Browser Protection" options and it says "this includes Webrep and sandboxing."  However I don't see any sandboxing mention anywhere in the expert settings at least in the Free version. 

I have a yearly sandboxie license that is about to expire in less than a month.  If this feature is what I think it is, I will just buy a AIS 7 license instead renewing my sandboxie license. 

If the developers have a faq or a more detailed post on what exactly is new in Avast 7 I would appreciate someone posting it. 

Hermite15

« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
So in the paid version, there is a new sandbox feature specifically for for web browsers? I was wondering b/c I was looking at the "Browser Protection" options and it says "this includes Webrep and sandboxing."

no there's nothing new, the ability to permanently sandbox browsers only appears there with web rep because this can be a convenient place to do so for Pro and AIS users who have that feature anyway, and always had it. Same thing is usually done in the sandbox advanced panel where you can manually add applications and get them permanently sandboxed, or from a right click context menu on any executable shortcut in Windows (run sandboxed once, or permanently).

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2012, 11:35:20 PM »
So in the paid version, there is a new sandbox feature specifically for for web browsers?

Yes. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

dagrev

« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2012, 12:10:56 AM »
Got this error when I tried a clean install.

Hermite15

« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2012, 12:21:54 AM »

yeah I've see that too and reported it already (so this will be fixed). That doesn't prevent the install to complete ;) (the error is only about the quick scan that happens in the end of the setup process)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2012, 12:23:30 AM »
Do you have any unpXXXXX.mdmp file in C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log folder?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2012, 12:29:07 AM »

What error, I don't see anything in your post, image, link or attachment  ?

Now that Logos has answered, it looks more like my permissions in the forum are well and truly screwed up (sorry about the technical term).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security